How to make chocolate pop it candy bars, the viral kids recipe trend that are just as much fun to make as they are to eat!
Chocolate Pop It
First spotted on TikTok, “Pop It Chocolate” is a new viral recipe trend that we couldn’t resist trying out!
It’s super easy: grab some chocolate chips and a pop-it fidget toy and you can make your own homemade candy bars!
What is a Pop It?
A “pop it” is a silicone fidget toy with dozens of small bubbles that can be pushed inward, much like a soda cup lid at a fast food restaurant. You can then flip the toy over and push the bubbles back out the other direction.
It’s that same satisfying feeling as popping bubble wrap, except with pop-its you can do it over and over again!
Like fidget spinners that took the world by storm a few years ago, pop-its are a “fidget toy.” These toys were designed as a way for children or adults who fidget to release their energy. Fidget toys have been shown to help improve focus and relieve stress. They can also just be for fun!
What’s unique about the pop it toys is that they are made with the same material as silicone candy molds and can be used for that purpose too. The bubbles are just the right size for M&Ms!
What You Need to Make Pop-It Chocolate
For your convenience in re-creating this easy peppermint fudge recipe, I’ve provided shop-able ad links; disclosure policy here.
- Chocolate chips or melting wafers — either milk or white chocolate
- M & Ms candy
Kitchen Supplies Used
- Pop-It Fidget Toys — We used this circle pop-it and this adorable popsicle shaped pop-it, both available on Amazon.
- Microwave Safe Mixing Bowls
How to Make Chocolate Pop It Candy Bars
First, make sure all of the bubble indentations are pushed in the same direction.
Fill each indentation with one M&M candy. We matched the candy colors to the color of the stripes on the fidget toy.
Place chocolate chips or melting wafers in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in 30 second increments, stirring between, until smooth.
Safety Note: An adult should handle this step. Take caution, as the bowl may become hot.
Pour melted chocolate into the pop-it mold and use a spatula to spread so that the surface is even and smooth.
Allow to set until chocolate has completely hardened.
TIP: Place mold on a small baking sheet before adding the chocolate. After you’ve poured the chocolate into the mold, transfer the baking sheet and mold to the fridge where it will set much more quickly. The baking sheet keeps the silicone toy from bending while you move it.
When the chocolate has fully set, flip the mold onto your counter or workspace so that the chocolate side faces down.
Carefully peel back the silicone mold to separate it from your candy bar. This is the easiest way we found to do so, so that the candy bar remains in one piece.
We also tried this with white chocolate and an adorable popsicle shaped Pop-it toy…it turned out fabulous too!
More of our favorite homemade candy recipes:
Chocolate Pop It Candy Bar Recipe (Printable Instructions)
Chocolate Pop It Candy Bar
- Pop-It Silicone Fidget Toy
- Microwave Safe Mixing Bowls
- Chocolate chips
- M&Ms candy
- Make sure all of the bubble indentations are pushed in the same direction.
- Place one M&M candy in each indentation. We matched the candy colors to the color of the stripes on the fidget toy.
- Place chocolate chips or melting wafers in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in 30 second increments, stirring between, until smooth. (Handle bowl with care. Adults should complete this step).
- Pour melted chocolate into the pop-it mold and use a spatula to spread.
- Allow to set until chocolate has completely hardened.
- When the chocolate has fully set, flip the mold onto your counter or workspace so that the chocolate side faces down. Carefully peel back the silicone mold to separate it from your candy bar.
Pin our Pop It Chocolate Recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: