This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Back To Nature Foods. All opinions are 100% mine.
I know a lot of dessert recipes claim to “melt in your mouth,” but this luscious homemade nut & honey candy really does live up to that promise!!
Heavenly Nut & Honey Candy
My husband is the chef in the family, and loves to surprise our family and friends with new baked goodies or candies during the holiday season.
When you have a large family or lots of friends that live in town, it gets expensive to buy presents for every single person at the holidays. Food gifts are a thrifty way to show the people you love that you’re thinking about them.
Plus, who doesn’t love a pretty tin full of yummy treats? Food truly is the way to a person’s heart — it might just be how my husband won me over when we met!
Homemade Honey Candy Ingredients
This is a quick shopping list; full printable recipe with exact amounts of this holiday honey candy recipe is available at bottom of post. Click here to jump to recipe.
- Purified water
- Back To Nature Foods Cashew Almond Pistachio Mix
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
We’ve been fans of Back To Nature Foods nuts and trail mixes for years — we go through at least one bag of cashews or almonds a week! (They’re perfect to slip into lunch boxes for an extra hit of protein!)
This is the first time I’ve bought the cashew, almond, and pistachio mix, but I’m hooked! It’s my three favorite kinds of nuts in one bag and the perfect blend of savory flavor to balance the sweetness of the honey candy.
I especially love knowing that Back to Nature nuts don’t contain hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup. Just organic goodness!
To see what else you can do with cashews, check out our Perfect Dairy Free Cheesecake recipe using Back to Nature jumbo cashews!
Be sure to try this make-ahead snack recipe for 3-Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls, made with Back to Nature Gluten Free Chocolate Delight Granola:
Free printable copy of this Heavenly Nut & Honey Candy recipe:
Heavenly Nut & Honey Candy
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup Back to Nature Cashew Almond Pistachio Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine water and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low. You want the mixture to continue boiling, but not spill out of your pan.
- Boil until you mixture reads 245°F on a candy thermometer. (TIP: A candy thermometer is the easiest way to make sure you've cooked your honey candy to just the right temperature. However, if you don't have one handy, you can try this "soft ball" test that uses cold water, explained here.)
- Add nuts to mixture and stir. Cook for about 10 more minutes, until your mixture is a rich golden brown in color. Constantly whisk to prevent scorching.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in baking soda, butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour on a silicon baking mat or parchment paper and allow to cool. Spread, only if needed - you want the brittle to be about 1/4" thick (not counting the nuts).
- When the candy is completely cool, break into smaller, easy-to-handle pieces. (TIP: For easier breaking, you can also place in the freezer for 5 minutes after the candy has already reached room temperature.)
You might also like this Easy No-Bake Cookie Pie featuring Back to Nature cookies and nuts: