Skip the “stuff” – mom will love these unique experience gifts more! Sponsored post in collaboration with Groupon and Fourstarzz Media; all opinions are entirely my own.
5 Gifts For Her That Aren’t Just “Things”
My mom is pretty tricky to buy for (sorry mom)!
To be fair, I’m probably not much easier! When people ask what I would like for my birthday or Christmas, I usually answer, “I have everything I need.”
So what do you get for the person who has everything?
With my own mom, I’ve found that experience gifts are always a winner!
Recently, I treated my mom to a pedicure at her favorite salon in town, Rumor Has It. I used Groupon BeautyNow to book straight from my phone, even though the salon was already closed for the night. The next morning I woke up to a confirmation email saying our appointments were all set. Easy-peasy!
When we arrived, they treated us like VIPs — our chairs were reserved and ready to go. Such a relaxing afternoon! Even better, I didn’t have to worry whether or not my mom liked my gift – it was obvious!
My favorite part about using Groupon BeautyNow is cashless payment. Simply enter your payment information when you book (your card won’t be charged until your appointment time) and then when your service is complete, you don’t need to do a thing! Even the tip is pre-paid — no need to mess up your manicure digging through your purse for your wallet!
If you’ve been worrying about what to buy for mom, stop stressing and let Groupon BeautyNow do all the legwork for you! There are so many salon and spa services to choose from, at dozens of the best salons in town.
Want more experience gift ideas? Check out my 20 favorite experience gifts that are sure to make memories mom will cherish!
20 Epic Experience Gifts for Mom
- Schedule a mani/pedi — Speaking from experience, this is always a welcome gift! Schedule your appointment with Groupon BeautyNow and use the code SOCCERMOM15 to save $15! (Code valid through 6/8/2018).
- Cook dinner for her — Everyone loves a home-cooked meal, especially when someone else is doing the cooking!
- Get the house cleaned — There’s nothing like coming home to a sparkling abode, and you didn’t have to lift a finger!
- Book a massage — It’s pretty much guaranteed that mom could always use a little more pampering. Click here to book a massage with Groupon BeautyNow.
- Gift her with movie tickets — A two-hour escape from everyday life is an easy way to give mom a break!
- See a show — Check the schedule for your local theater and take mom out on the town!
- Take a hike — Hit the trails for an afternoon of bonding in the great outdoors.
- Treat her to a blowout — There is not much that’s more luxurious than having someone else blow-dry and style your hair…just because. Click here to search salons on Groupon BeautyNow.
- Catch a concert together — Live music is always an exciting experience!
- Go grocery shopping — Skip the usual location and seek out a fun specialty store to try new gourmet items!
- Pack a picnic — Hit the local park for refreshing al fresco dining.
- Make it a museum date — Whether it’s the fine arts museum, or an eclectic collection unique to your town, a museum is always an adventure.
- Take a cooking class together — Learn a new recipe and let someone else do the dishes!
- Get fit together — Sign up for yoga class, spin sessions, or even a joint session with a personal trainer. Working out is more fun together!
- Take her shopping — You can’t go wrong when you let them pick out their own present, plus you get to enjoy each others’ company at the same time.
- Volunteer together — Lend a hand at the local library or help out at the humane society. What better way to spend your time together than making a difference!
- Practice painting or pottery — Find an artsy class (some even serve wine!) for an evening of creative fun.
- Battle it out at the bowling alley — Whether you go for the classic lanes or the laser light experience, bowling never goes out of style!
- Grow a garden — Gather up supplies to plant an indoor herb garden – it will be both beautiful and functional!
- Make a memory book — Set up for an afternoon of scrapbooking and create an album commemorating a favorite family vacation, holiday, etc.
How to Book Beauty & Spa Services in Houston with Groupon BeautyNow
Now it’s never been easier to book beauty and spa services in the Houston area!
Here’s a step-by-step guide to booking beauty services with Groupon:
- Download the Groupon app to your phone – it’s free!
- Open the app and select “BeautyNow Booking” at the top – you can also click here to go straight there on your phone.
- Search for your favorite salon/spa OR click on the main menu buttons for specific services.
- Choose a date and time for your service and click to reserve.
- Groupon will confirm with the merchant and send you a notification via email and/or text to let you know that your appointment is on the books. There’s no waiting on the phone or worrying about calling during business hours. I actually booked my appointment after the kids went to bed and the next morning I had an email letting me know everything was good to go!
- Enjoy your spa treatment or salon service! When you’re done, there’s no need to pull out your wallet since you already took care of it with the Groupon app – even the tip! This feature definitely comes in handy if you just got a manicure and don’t want to risk digging through your purse to find cash.
DEAL ALERT – Save $15 on any service booked with Groupon BeautyNow in Houston using the code SOCCERMOM15 (offer valid through 6/8/2018).
FREE Printable Daily Planner
Complete the form to subscribe to our weekly newsletter with inspirational messages for moms, free family-friendly activities, giveaways, special offers, and more! You'll also get a FREE printable daily goal planner as a thank you for subscribing!
Last updated on May 25th, 2018 at 11:10 am
Have you ever thought about starting a blog of your own? Click here to find out more!
Follow the Soccer Mom Blog on Pinterest - Facebook- Twitter - Instagram