Sweet and crunchy Grinch pretzel treats are easy to make with just 3 ingredients and are a festive snack for a holiday party or Christmas movie night!
Grinch Pretzel Bites
In honor of one of our family’s favorite Christmas movies, I am sharing these fun Grinch pretzel bites! This is a simple, 3-ingredient holiday snack that kids can help make too.
Here’s the scoop: crunchy pretzels in a a sweet chocolate coating that is bright green in color and topped with a red heart. They look cute and taste delicious too!
If you’re looking for a fun and festive holiday treat, you can’t go wrong with these Grinch pretzels. They are easy to make and so delicious, with the combination of salty from the pretzels and sweet from the chocolate!
For your convenience, I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products used to make this recipe. Disclosure policy available here.
I’ve got more information about the ingredients and substitutions in the “prep tips” section later in the blog post!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Disposable piping bag
- Microwave safe bowl
- Baking pan or cookie sheets
- Parchment paper or silicone baking mats
To Prep: Line a two baking sheets with parchment paper or non-stick silicone mats.
- Melt the red candy melts according to package directions. Scoop the melted red candy coating into a disposable piping bag and cut off the tip. Use the red candy melts to pipe little red hearts on your prepared baking sheet. Allow them to dry completely.
- Place the green candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20-second increments, stirring between, until melted and smooth.
- Dip the pretzels in the melted green candy until completely coated. Place them on the second baking sheet.
- While the green candy coating is still wet, place one candy heart in the center of each pretzel. Allow to set before serving or storing.
- Substitutions – Green candy melts are fairly easy to find at most craft stores or even grocery stores. However, you can create your own green candy coating using melted white chocolate chips and neon green food coloring. Simply melt 2 cups of white chocolate chips with 1TB of coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second increments, stirring between, until melted and smooth. Then stir the green coloring into the melted chocolate until you have your desired shade of Grinch-y green.
- Red Heart – We used red candy melts to create our own red hearts in the center of the pretzels. However, if you find red heart sprinkles or red candy hearts, those are even easier to use! Simply place one red heart sprinkle in the center of each pretzel, while the green candy coating is still wet.
- Storage – These Grinch chocolate covered pretzels can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1-2 weeks. They are a great make-ahead holiday party treat or snack for Christmas movie nights!
More Holiday Pretzel Recipes
- Christmas Tree Pretzels
- Rudolph Pretzel Treats
- Pretzel Log Cabin
- Valentine Pretzel Treats
- Bunny Butt Pretzels
- Pumpkin Pretzels
- Spiderweb Pretzels
- Easter Bunny Bark
- Cactus Pretzel Rods for Cinco de Mayo
- Cupid’s Arrow Pretzel Treats
Grinch Pretzels Recipe (Printable Recipe Card)
If you tried this recipe and liked it, please rate it!
- 2 Baking Sheets
- Parchment paper
- microwave safe bowl
- Disposable piping bag
- 36 Mini Pretzel Twists
- Red Candy Melts or red heart sprinkles
- Green Candy Melts or white chocolate and green food coloring
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Melt the red candy melts according to package directions and scoop into a plastic piping bag. Cut the tip of the piping bag and use the melted red candy to draw little red hearts on one of the prepared baking sheets. Allow the candy hearts to harden completely.
- Place the green candy melts into a microwave-safe bowl, melting in 20-second increments, stirring between, until melted and smooth.
- Dip each pretzel in the melted green candy until completely coated. Place them on the second baking sheet.
- While the green coated pretzels are still wet, place one red candy heart in the center of each.
- Allow to set completely before storing or serving.
Pin our fun Grinch treats on Pinterest:
You might also like: