This colorful Leprechaun Bark is made of white and green swirled chocolate filled with Lucky Charms marshmallows. It’s a magical St. Patrick’s Day treat!
St. Patrick’s Day means everything green, and this colorful Lucky Charms chocolate bark perfectly fits the bill! First, we swirled together green and white chocolate, then topped it with those fabulous Lucky Charms marshmallows that everybody loves. Every piece literally melts in your mouth! Plus this homemade candy is absolutely adorable!
Simple and ready in no time at all, this bark is such an easy dessert to bring to any party or get-together.
All you need is four simple ingredients to create this festive St. Patrick’s Day treat! It’s perfect for parties, for gifting, or for a fun recipe to make with the kids!
Related: Check out this big list of almost 70 St. Patrick’s Day recipes here!
For your convenience, I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products used to make this recipe; disclosure policy available here.
- White Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Green Candy Melts
- Lucky Charms Marshmallows
- St. Patrick’s Day Sprinkles (or any festive sprinkles that match the colors of this candy)
TIP: If you don’t want to pick the marshmallows out of a box of Lucky Charms cereal, they make bags of the Lucky Charms marshmallows themselves! You can also find generic versions of the marshmallows, which may be more budget-friendly (and it’s unlikely that anyone would know the difference!)
Prep and Melt the Chocolate:
- Melt white chocolate using a double-boiler or in the microwave. If microwaving, be sure to use a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20 second increments, stirring between, until melted and smooth.
- Scoop melted chocolate into the middle of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use an offset spatula to spread the chocolate into a rectangle shape (it doesn’t have to be perfect) that is about 1/4″ thick.
- Melt the green candy melts according to package directions.
- Drop spoonfuls of the melted green candy on top of the sheet of melted white chocolate.
- Use the edge of your offset spatula to swirl the green and white chocolate together.
- Gently press marshmallows into the melted chocolate. Add sprinkles.
- Allow chocolate to set completely. You can place it into the fridge to speed up the process.
- Cut into 2-3″ pieces (they can be different sizes and shapes). A pizza cutter works great for this step!
Remember, when cutting the bark, the individual pieces don’t have to be all the same size. Variety is fun!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Use White Chocolate Chips?
If you have a bag of white chocolate chips in the pantry and are wondering if you can swap them for the white chocolate melting wafers, the answer is yes.
However, if using white chocolate chips, I recommend stirring in a Tablespoon of shortening or coconut oil during the melting process. This will help make the chocolate smoother and to re-harden better.
Melting wafers are already formulated for ideal melting, so using chocolate chips requires this little extra step to make them work as well as the wafers.
How Do You Store Candy Bark?
The best way to store candy bark is in an airtight container at room temperature. Keep away from any light or heat sources that may cause it to melt or soften.
Refrigeration is not normally needed, but if the room temperature in your home is over 75 degrees or so, you may consider keeping them in the fridge.
More St. Patrick’s Day Recipes for Kids
- Shamrock Pancakes
- Chocolate Marshmallow Leprechaun Hats
- Pot ‘o Gold St. Patrick’s Day Cookie Cups
- Lucky Charms Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Rainbow Graham Crackers
- Copycat McDonalds Shamrock Shake
Grab a free printable copy of our Lucky Charms Bark Recipe:
If you like this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Leprechaun Bark Recipe
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 2 cups White Chocolate Chips can use white candy melts
- 1/3 cup Green Candy Melts
- 1/2 cup Lucky Charms Marshmallows or more to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. If microwaving, use a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 20 second intervals, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Spread melted white chocolate on the prepared baking sheet into a 1/4" thick rectangle.
- Melt the green candy melts and drop spoonfuls on top of the melted white chocolate rectangle. Use a spatula to swirl green and white chocolate together.
- Place marshmallows and sprinkles on top of the melted chocolate.
- Allow to set completely (about an hour) before cutting.
Pin this St. Patrick’s Day Candy Bark Recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like:
- 40 April Fools Day Jokes for Kids - March 19, 2023
- Little Caesars Crazy Bread - March 16, 2023
- Carrot Cake Roll - March 14, 2023
Leave a Reply