Kids will love these star-shaped mini ham sandwiches! A wholesome and fun snack or lunchbox idea! One of our favorite kids recipes because you only need a few simple ingredients and you have a delightful meal ready in minutes!
Star-Shaped Mini Ham & Cheese Sandwiches
Who says ham sandwiches have to be boring?!
Ham is actually my daughter’s favorite type of sandwich, and they’re even more fun when you jazz them up!
All you need are a couple cookie cutters and you can create these super cute ham star sandwiches!
I don’t know what it is, but just making things into fun shapes takes lunchtime from ordinary to extraordinary!
Since we’ll be starting this school year online, I’ve been looking for ways to make things special for the girls. They’ve been such troopers through it all!
Lunch is one small way that I can brighten their day!
I’ve included shop-able ad links for your convenience in re-creating this recipe; disclosure policy available here.
What You Need
- Bread — Any type of regular sliced bread will work here
- Sliced ham — You can also substitute for your favorite deli meat.
- Cheese — Slices or thin blocks work best, so you can cut star shapes out of it.
Kitchen Supplies Used:
- Circle cookie cutter — This set has 3 circle sizes so you can use whichever best fits your bread slices.
- Mini Star cookie cutter — This set of mini cookie cutters comes with lots of fun shapes so you can switch it up!
How to Make Star Shaped Mini Ham Sandwiches
I love this recipe because it really doesn’t take much longer to make than a regular sandwich, and kids LOVE it!
All you have to do is cut two circles out of a piece (or two) of bread. Use the small star cookie cutter to remove a star-shaped cutout from one piece of bread.
Cut a circle-shaped piece of ham and place between the two bread circles.
Then you can use the star-shaped cookie cutter to make cheese stars to fill in the cut-out on your sandwich or serve separately on the side.
You can also use the star to cut out the extra bread and ham so that there’s almost no waste left behind!
Arrange in a bento box or on a plate for a fun and healthy lunch that kids are sure to gobble right up!
What to Serve with Ham Sandwiches for Kids
To keep with the star-shaped theme, we chose fruits that are firm enough to be cut with the cookie cutter, such as kiwi and apples.
Also, cutting them into small pieces makes them easy for kids to eat and gets rid of the peel, which can be tricky for smaller kids to chew.
Switch it Up!
- Don’t like ham? Use turkey, chicken, or any other type of sliced deli meat that’s your favorite!
- Go vegetarian! Substitute nut butter or sun-butter instead of deli meat!
More cute kids lunchbox ideas:
- Zoo Themed Lunch for Kids
- Healthy Soccer Themed Kids Lunch
- Halloween Bento Lunch for Kids
- Gluten Free Cornbread Lunchbox Muffins
Star-Shaped Mini Ham Sandwich Recipe:
If you like this recipe, please rate it! We’d love to hear what you think!
Ham Stars Sandwiches
- Circle cookie cutter
- Mini Star cookie cutter
- 1 slice Bread
- 1 piece Deli ham
- 1 slice Cheese
- Use a circle cookie cutter to cut out two circles from a piece of bread.
- Using a small star cookie cutter, cut out a star shape in the middle of one of the circles of bread.
- Cut a circle shaped piece of ham and place between the two slices of circular bread, with the star cut-out on top.
- Use the star cookie cutter to cut star-shaped pieces of cheese. You can serve separately or place a cheese star in the cut-out on top of your sandwich.
Pin this Ham Stars Sandwiches recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: