Just like the lunch lady used to make! These no bake peanut butter bars are thick, creamy, and crave-able! (And super easy!)
School Cafeteria Peanut Butter Bars
School cafeteria food gets a bad rap, but you know that there are some things your lunch ladies made that you probably miss!
Growing up I packed my lunch most days, but there were some days I made sure to buy school lunch. Pepperoni rolls, spaghetti, no bake cookies — just to name a few.
These no bake peanut butter bars are just like the school cafeteria classic. There’s something so satisfying about that rich, peanut butter base topped with chocolate. We used white chocolate for our version, with a touch of dark chocolate too. (You can even try them with chocolate frosting and sea salt like my friend Jennifer makes).
They’re thick, creamy, and crave-able! And so easy to make!
Note: For your convenience in making these peanut butter school bars, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products used. Read our full disclosure policy here.
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
A free printable copy of this recipe is available at the bottom of the post.
Y’all, these cafeteria peanut butter bars couldn’t be easier to make!
Simply combine all ingredients (except coconut oil and chocolate chips) in a food processor and blend until mostly smooth. Then you press the batter evenly into your prepared 9×9″ baking pan or casserole dish.
TIP: You can also stir by hand, but we like to use a food processor because it is super easy and makes sure that everything is well combined. Our Hamilton Beach “Big Mouth” food processor has lasted us for YEARS…it’s been one of our best kitchen purchases!
The topping is made with melted white chocolate chips mixed with a touch of coconut oil (which helps the chocolate melt smoothly). For looks and an extra chocolate kick, we drizzled melted dark chocolate over top of the white chocolate layer, then used an offset spatula to make a pattern.
TIP: If you want to make your topping even fluffier, try our “Magic” White Chocolate Coconut Oil Frosting!
Now the best part…no baking required! Simply refrigerate for at least two hours to set.
TIP: You can also make this recipe the night before you need it and keep in the fridge.
Kitchen Tools Used to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
Make Cooking Fun (and Easy!)
Grab a free printable copy of our No Bake Peanut Butter Bars recipe:
If you love this recipe, rate it!
Just like your lunch ladies used to make! These no bake peanut butter bars are thick, creamy, and crave-able! (And super easy!)
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 cups graham crumbs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1-2 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil or shortening optional
- Coat a 9x9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the butter, crumbs, sugar and peanut butter and stir to combine. You can also mix in a food processor to ensure that everything is extra smooth.
- Press peanut butter mixture into the casserole pan until it forms an even layer.
- Place the white chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 25 second increments. Stir in between each heating until fully melted.
- Pour the melted white chocolate into baking dish over the peanut butter layer and smooth out with an offset spatula.
- Melt the dark chocolate, using the same method as above, and drizzle over the white chocolate.
- Use your offset spatula to run parallel lines through the chocolate to create a pretty pattern.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours.
Note: Nutrition information is a rough estimate only; actual values will vary based on the exact ingredients used and amount of recipe prepared.
Be sure to pin these “Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars” on Pinterest:
More of our favorite peanut butter recipes:
Last updated on August 5th, 2019 at 03:10 pm