We’ve put together an absolutely HUGE collection of pumpkin crafts for kids! Inside you’ll find every type of kids pumpkin craft, from paper crafts, to games, to pumpkin decorating ideas.
If you’re looking for cute and easy kids pumpkin crafts, look no further!
Not only do the girls and I love to make pumpkin crafts at home, but my blogger friends do too!
I rounded up all of the pumpkin crafts we made as a family over the past couple years, as well as my favorite from the best kids crafts bloggers on the net.
What I especially love about this pumpkin crafts collection is that there are ideas for both Halloween and Thanksgiving. Many of the ideas could even be used for both.
There are keepsakes, game ideas, home and party decorations, and even no-carve pumpkin decorating ideas. All of these fabulous kids pumpkin crafts require only basic supplies and most kids could make with minimal assistance (depending on their age).
There truly is something for everyone!
The Ultimate Collection of Pumpkin Crafts for Kids
Click on the video below to see our favorite kids pumpkin crafts, but a quick tutorial for how to make them! Then, keep reading for the full list of pumpkin crafts for kids.
For easier navigating, I’ve grouped the pumpkin crafts below into groups based on the type of craft. That way if you’re looking for say, a pumpkin paper craft, you’ll be able to find it right away!
Pumpkin Paper Crafts
- Pumpkin Photo Pop-Up Cards — our most popular pumpkin craft of all time!
- Quilled Paper Pumpkin Craft — click for instructions!
- Jack ‘O Lantern Paper Pumpkin Finger Puppets — (tutorial available at The Joy of Sharing)
- Newspaper Pumpkin Garland — (instructions on Kitchen Counter Chronicles)
- Recycled Paper Pumpkins — (directions from Hands on Teaching Ideas)
- Cut Out Pumpkin Faces — (full directions on Crafty Moms Share)
- Accordion Folded Paper Pumpkins — (tutorial on Artsy Crafty Moms)
- Paper Weaving Pumpkins — (directions at Artsy Crafty Mom)
- Origami Pumpkins — (click for instructions from Pink Stripey Socks)
- Paper Pumpkin Pinwheel — (tutorial at Meaningful Mama)
- Hanging Paper Strip Pumpkins — (get the directions on Meaningful Mama)
- 3D Paper Pumpkin Craft — (instructions available at Pint Sized Treasures)
- Thanksgiving Gratitude Pumpkin — (tutorial at Faithful Little Hands)
- Tissue Paper Pumpkin Craft — (directions from Arty Crafty Kids)
Painted Pumpkin Crafts
- Mix and Match Pumpkin Faces – click for directions!
- Painted Pumpkin Mason Jars — click for video tutorial!
- Puffy Paint Pumpkins — (click for directions on Messy Little Monster)
- Glue and Foam Pumpkins — (click for how-to from Simple Everyday Mom)
- Painted Paper Cup Pumpkins — (see how they’re made on Non Toy Gifts)
- Nail Polish Painted Mini Pumpkins — (instructions available at The Natural Homeschool)
- No-Mess Color Mixing Painted Pumpkins — (tutorial on Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds)
- Pumpkin Salt Painting — (directions on Natural Beach Living)
- Pumpkin Apple Stamping — (get the instructions from In The Kids Kitchen)
- Halloween Lanterns — (directions at The Best Ideas for Kids)
- Pumpkin Still Life — (see an example at Buggy and Buddy)
- Palm Print Pumpkin — (directions from Fun Handprint Art Blog)
- Painted Craft Sticks Pumpkin — (tutorial on You Brew My Tea)
- Wooden Block Pumpkin Patch — (instructions on You Brew My Tea)
- Cookie Cutter Pumpkin Decorating — (directions available at Slap Dash Mom)
- Salt Painted Jack ‘O Lantern — (get the tutorial on Rhythms of Play)
Paper Plate Pumpkin Crafts
- Color Mixing Paper Plate Crafts — (directions on Messy Little Monster)
- Handprint Pumpkin Wreath — (instructions at Non Toy Gifts)
- 3D Pumpkin Paper Plate Craft — (directions from Meaningful Mama)
- Pumpkin Name Craft — (get the tutorial from Fantastic Fun and Learning)
Crafts Using Real Pumpkins
- Pumpkin Vases — one of our favorite unique ways to use real mini pumpkins!
- Hedgehog Pumpkins — (full directions on Family Days Tried & Tested)
- Marker Decorated Pumpkins — (instructions at Kitchen Counter Chronicles)
- Nail Polish Pumpkins — (see how it’s done at Crafty Moms Share)
- Mini Pumpkin Turkeys — (craft idea from Family Food & Travel)
- Oil Pastel Decorated Pumpkins — (directions on Pink Stripey Socks)
- No Carve Pumpkin Monsters — (get instructions from Projects with Kids)
- Decorate a Pumpkin Collage Art — (directions at Fun Learning for Kids)
- Leaf Bats Decorated Pumpkin Craft — (idea from Mother Natured)
- Decorated Teal Pumpkins — (tutorial on Living Montessori Now)
Toilet Paper Roll Pumpkin Crafts
- Cardboard Roll Pumpkins — (directions on Wondermom Wannabe)
- Halloween Toilet Paper Roll Crafts — (see all of them at The Best Ideas for Kids)
- Cardboard Tube Treat Holder — (instructions on Buggy and Buddy)
Unique Pumpkin Crafts
- Edible Pumpkin Pie Slime — click for recipe!
- Wooden Emoji Pumpkins — (click for directions from Mama in the Now)
- Foam Pumpkin Magnets — (see the tutorial at The Flying Couponer)
- Pumpkin Sewing Craft — (directions on Coffee and Carpool)
- Pinecone Pumpkin Craft — (instructions available at A Dab of Glue Will Do)
- Stained Glass Pumpkin Suncatcher — (directions from Crafts on Sea)
- Pumpkin & Monster Jars — (tutorial at Fantastic Fun and Learning)
- Pumpkin Face Slime — (Recipe at The Best Ideas for Kids)
- Pumpkin & Gourd Suncatcher Craft — (from The Gingerbread House)
- Salt Dough Pumpkin Handprint Keepsake — (get the directions from Teach Me Mommy)
- Reversible Yarn Wrapped Pumpkin — (tutorial on Red Ted Art)
- Coffee Filter Pumpkin Suncatchers — (directions on Artsy Momma)
- Dryer Vent Pumpkin — (example on You Brew My Tea)
- LEGO Halloween Mosaics — (instructions at Brain Power Boy)
- DIY Jack ‘O Lantern Koozie – click for directions!
DIY Pumpkin Games
- Pumpkin Marble Maze — (see how to make it on Buggy and Buddy)
- Tic-Tac-Boo! — (learn how to make it at Ruffles & Rain Boots)
- Jack ‘O Lantern Spinning Tops — (directions available at Buggy and Buddy)
Upcycled Pumpkin Crafts
- T-Shirt Fabric Pumpkins — (directions available at Organized 31)
- Soda Bottle Pumpkins — (instructions at Organized 31)
- Orange Pill Bottle Pumpkins — (how-to from Organized 31)
- Sock Pumpkin Craft — (tutorial available at Meaningful Mama)
- Coffee Filter Pumpkin Craft — (directions on Look We’re Learning)
- Upcycled Jar Lid Pumpkin Wreath — (learn to make it at You Brew My Tea)
FREE Printable Daily Planner
Complete the form to subscribe to our weekly newsletter with inspirational messages for moms, free family-friendly activities, giveaways, special offers, and more! You'll also get a FREE printable daily goal planner as a thank you for subscribing!
Last updated on October 8th, 2018 at 02:55 pm
Have you ever thought about starting a blog of your own? Click here to find out more!
Follow the Soccer Mom Blog on Pinterest - Facebook- Twitter - Instagram