You’ve never had a fall dessert like this! The perfect amount of pumpkin, the perfect amount of chocolate, and a light fluffy yellow butter cake. This Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat Poke Cake is a jaw-dropper!
For a Limited Time…
My husband’s birthday was this week, so the girls and I decided to whip him up a surprise birthday cake.
First, a little background if you’re new here:
- My husband is the chef in the family.
- I tried to cook him a birthday dinner five years ago and every single person at dinner got food poisoning. Myself included.
- I attempted to make him a birthday cake from scratch last year and it was a total fail. Inedible.
So as you can see, I don’t cook often and my husband probably wasn’t expecting much from this year’s birthday cake attempt. (To be honest, he was probably a little nervous!)
Well, my husband was at the grocery store a few days ago (he actually likes to shop!) and found Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat bars. They are AWESOME!
I figured if I incorporated those Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat bars in our birthday cake, it would have a better chance of tasting good. And poke cakes are pretty easy to make. So a Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat Poke Cake was sure to be a winner…right?
Y’all…this cake was the BOMB. Yes, I said “the bomb” because it IS.
My husband ate two big slices and the girls ate their pieces in about 5 seconds flat.
I think the cake is so delicious because it is not TOO sweet or too pumpkin-y.
I would imagine that Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat bars will only be around for a limited time…so don’t wait for a special occasion to make this one!
Happy birthday Matt! Shout out to the Big Guy upstairs for sending me such an amazing man 🙂
Kitchen Supplies Used
For your convenience in recreating this Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat Poke Cake, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the supplies used. Our disclosure policy is available here.
This is the link to purchase Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat bars on Amazon. It’s probably not the cheapest option, but you can take a peek so you’ll at least know what the packaging looks like.
How to Make a Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat Poke Cake
A free printable copy of this recipe is available at the bottom of the post. Keep reading for photo step-by-step instructions and prep tips:
We used the back of a wooden spoon for the “pokes,” but you can use any kitchen tool of a similar size.
We used cashew milk (or favorite non-dairy milk alternative) to keep this a lactose-free recipe, but you are welcome to use any type of milk you prefer, including regular dairy milk.
I used semi-sweet chocolate chips because I didn’t want the cake to be overly sweet, plus they usually don’t contain lactose either (I’m lactose-intolerant). However, you can absolutely use milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate, etc. — whatever you like or have on hand!
TIP: Don’t have Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat bars? This recipe can be made year round (and would taste just as fantastic) with regular Kit Kat bars too!
Grab a Free Printable Copy of Our Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat Poke Cake Recipe:
If you love this recipe, rate it!
Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat Poke Cake
- 1 box yellow butter cake mix
- 1 cup cashew milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat bars crumbled
- Bake a yellow butter cake box cake mix according to directions on package.
- Allow cake to cool enough to handle. Using the back of a wooden spoon, poke holes throughout the cake - about 1 inch apart.
- Heat 1 cup of cashew milk (or milk of your choice) in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. As soon as it reaches a boil, remove from heat.
- Pour hot milk over 1 cup of chocolate chips in a heat-safe bowl. Whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture over your cake, making sure to pour some into each of the holes you made.
- Allow cake to cool completely, then cover with a generous layer of whipped topping.
- Crumble Pumpkin Pie Kit Kat bars over the top of your cake - we used about 10 bars, but you can use as many as you like.