I recently partnered up with JCPenney to host their Pinterest-inspired Mother’s Day style event at two Houston-area malls. I’m so excited to report back with all of latest fashions for spring, as well as beauty and style hacks for moms that we saw on the “runway.”
One of my favorite themes I saw throughout JCPenney when I was shopping for my own “looks” pre-event is the floral print. Flowers are a sign of spring, so it goes without saying that they’re going to be a part of spring fashion. This year is no exception, but these modern floral prints are anything BUT frumpy!
3 ways to wear florals without looking frumpy
Be ready to stand out from the crowd, because this year it’s all about color! Vibrant pinks and oranges ruled the runway, far from the boring pastels we usually associate with floral prints. The brighter, the better!
ADD A LITTLE EDGE
I found these AMAZING black wedges at JCPenney — the metal detail down the front gives the entire outfit a funky touch. (I wore them every single day at the events and with every outfit!) You could even toss on a sleeveless denim vest, like this one from A.N.A which we saw on our models for even more of that “edge.”
Look for asymmetrical hemlines, lace/crochet details, and solid trim to add unexpected fun and contrast. All of these details break up patterns and keep them from becoming overwhelming.
More tips we learned from the JCP Mother’s Day style event:
• Pair bold statement pieces and bright colors with neutral accessories, like shoes and jewelry.
• Metallics = neutrals. So break out the gold and silver accessories because they match everything!
• When it comes to hair, think “tousled,” intentionally imperfect waves and braids that can be achieved in minutes. (Which made this busy mama very happy!)
One of my favorite spring/summer hair looks is the beachy wave, which I accomplish with a bit of shine serum and gel (mixed with water to avoid the “crunchy” effect).
• Makeup is all about balance: bright eyes/neutral lips & vice versa. The beauty experts from Sephora in JCP showed us gorgeous soft purples and champagnes for the eyes matched with strawberry red lips. The best thing is that these are shades that complement all eye colors and complexions!
I had such a blast hosting the JCPenney Mother’s Day style events at Willowbrook Mall & Woodlands Mall and learned so many awesome tricks for getting out the door in minutes, while looking like I spent an hour in front of the mirror.
Even better, I was able to get all of the looks shown here (plus a couple other things) for under $200! Seriously, I couldn’t believe how much I scooped up while staying under my budget! (3 shirts, 2 pairs of jeans, 1 pair of shorts, 1 dress, and 1 pair of shoes, to be exact!)
A big thank you to JCPenney for inviting me to represent such a top-notch organization at their Houston events! This post was sponsored by JCPenney, however, all opinions are 100% mine.
- When You’re Sleep Deprived Mama, Remember This - January 14, 2021
- How to Start Making Money Blogging (Even as a Beginner) - January 13, 2021
- Healthy Barbecue Chicken Pizza with Sweet Potato Crust - January 9, 2021