A collection of the cutest homemade Mothers Day cards for kids to make!
23 Kid-Made Mothers Day Cards
I don’t know about you, but I’m a total sucker for homemade Mothers Day cards! I keep them forever — I have a special drawer for all of the Mother’s Day cards my girls have made for me over the years.
When I worked at a bath store in college, Mother’s Day weekend was one of our busiest times of the entire year. The night before Mother’s Day, the store was PACKED with dads and kids grabbing a last minute gift for mom.
While a basket of bath goodies is always a welcome treat, my favorite thing to get on Mother’s Day is a card. Really!
Well, that and sleeping in late!
If you think your hubby might need a little help or some ideas, feel free to show him this list of homemade Mother’s Day cards to make with the kids!
Homemade Mother’s Day Card Ideas
We divided these homemade Mothers Day cards into sections, based on the style of the craft. Click on an image or link below to view the full tutorials.
Pop-Up Mother’s Day Card Ideas
- Cupcake Pop-Up Card (click here for instructions on The Soccer Mom Blog) — A sweet photo pop-up card for mom! (Pun intended!) – pictured above Watch the video tutorial below, then click on the link above for step-by-step instructions and the free printable pattern.
- Pop-up Flower Garden Gard (click here for tutorial on Red Ted Art) — Give mom a garden that will always be in bloom with this precious paper pop-up card! – pictured above (bottom right middle)
Handprint Mother’s Day Card Ideas
- Handprint Caterpillar (click for video and tutorial) — Such a cute handprint craft from all the kids!
- Trolls Handprint Cards (click here for tutorial on The Best Ideas for Kids) — These trolls are the cutest!
- “LOVE” Hand Card (click here to see how it’s made on Pink Stripey Socks) — Say it with sign language!
- Handprint Flower (click here for tutorial on The Best Ideas for Kids) — Plant a handprint! pictured below (bottom right)
- Butterfly Handprint Card (click here for tutorial on The Best Ideas for Kids) — A handprint butterfly that spreads its wings to reveal a sweet message for mom.
- Footprint Flower Card (click here to see how it’s made on Non Toy Gifts) — A little something different than the usual handprint card, but still super cute!
In-Motion Mother’s Day Card Ideas
- “Dancing” Flower Pot Mother’s Day Craft (click here for instructions on The Soccer Mom Blog) — A cute and quirky photo card that wiggles and dances! – pictured above Watch the video tutorial below, then click on the link above for step-by-step instructions and the free printable pattern.
- Mother’s Day Fortune Teller (click here for tutorial on Red Ted Art) — So many sweet messages for mom!
- “You Are My Sunshine” Spinning Paper Plate Card (click here for instructions) — Spin to reveal a sunny message!
- “I Love You THIS Much” Card (click here to see how it’s made on Sugar Spice & Glitter)
Upcycled and Recycled Mother’s Day Cards
- Coffee Filter 3D Flower Card (click here for tutorial on Projects with Kids) — If you’ve got coffee filters at home, you’ve got what you need to make this pretty watercolor flower card.
- Button Flower Card (click here for tutorial by Creative Family Fun) — Raid the scrap fabric basket and let the kids get creative!
- Pinecone Rose Mother’s Day Card (click here for instructions on Rhythms of Play) — A beautiful card made with found natural materials, because what mom doesn’t love getting flowers on her special day?
- Printed Flower Mother’s Day Card (click here to see how it’s done on Rainy Day Mum) — You won’t believe what is used to make the flower prints! I never would have thought of this!
- Upcycled Watercolor Card (click here for tutorial on Simple Acres) — Vintage books + watercolors = a card that mom is sure to treasure!
- Cupcake Liner Mother’s Day Card (click here for tutorial on I Heart Crafty Things) — Bright, cheery, and easy to make!
Simple Homemade Mothers Day Cards
- Cat Mother’s Day Card (click for video and free template) — with the purr-fect sweet message inside for Mom!
- Pineapple Mother’s Day Card
- Heart Transfer Card (click here for instructions by Darcy & Brian) — Absolutely gorgeous chalk tape resist chalk art!
- Mother’s Day Printable (click here for free printable on Sunny Day Family) — It’s always so much fun to see what kids have to say! Grab the free printable with writing prompts for kids to fill in about their mom.
- Popsicle Stick Star (click here for tutorial on Messy Little Monster)
More Homemade Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
As a mom myself, I can tell you that for Mother’s Day I truly love just to spend time with my family! Click here for a list of 20 Experience Gifts for Mom – because it’s often the experiences we remember more than more “stuff.”
That being said, I absolutely adore any crafts and homemade Mother’s Day cards that my girls make!
Here are even more fabulous homemade Mother’s Day gift ideas that kids can help make — everything from beauty products to home decorations and art!
Last updated on April 29th, 2019 at 05:28 pm
Have you ever thought about starting a blog of your own? Click here to find out more!
Follow the Soccer Mom Blog on Pinterest - Facebook- Twitter - Instagram