This adorable whale card is a punny way to say I love you for Mother’s Day or any occasion! It’s easy to make with our free printable template, photo prints, and simple craft supplies! Sponsored by Walmart Photo.
“We Whaley Love You” Mother’s Day Photo Card
Because we don’t see our friends and family quite as often lately, we’ve made extra effort to stay in touch in other ways.
For example, we do a weekly video chat with grandparents, aunts, and uncles. We also send personalized photo cards for holidays.
With Mother’s Day on the way, the fam and I put on our creative thinking caps to come up with a card idea that we haven’t seen before.
This whale card was the winning idea!
I’m a big fan of photo cards and I love a good pun (our family is known for corny jokes), so it’s perfect!
All you need are 4×6 photo prints and simple craft supplies! I even created a free printable template to make things super easy!
Tip: Get Your Pictures Fast with Walmart Photo
I’ve got to admit that I’m a little bit last minute when it comes to holiday planning. That’s why I love same-day photo services from Walmart Photo!
When an idea strikes for a photo craft, I can snap a quick photo with my phone, send it to Walmart Photo, and pick up my prints that same day!
Shhh…don’t tell anyone that I use my phone for most of my pictures…the quality of Walmart prints is so good that you can’t even tell!
Here’s how it works:
- Upload your pictures directly from your phone using the Walmart app or at Walmart.com.
- Select the type of photo product you want and when you need it.
- Customize your order by selecting size and photo finish.
- Pick up your order at your local Walmart in as little as one hour!
You can even create framed prints, collage prints, or posters!
Click here to check out same-day photo print services from Walmart Photo!
- 4×6 photo print(s) — I use Walmart Photo same-day services for my prints. It’s hard to beat $0.09 per print!
- Printable template — (See below)
- Colorful cardstock — We used white for the card itself and purple for the whale, but feel free to use your favorite colors.
- Colorful buttons — If you don’t have craft buttons on hand, you can use pom-poms, or even draw in the dots.
- Scissors, glue, pencil, black marker
How to Make our Whale Mother’s Day Card
First, download and print the free template.
To get access to my free printable library, enter your email address in the form below:
Cut out the heart and the whale patterns.
Trace the heart on your 4×6 photo, so that the child(ren) are inside the heart. Cut out the heart-shaped photo and set aside.
Trace and cut the whale out of colorful cardstock. Glue to the bottom of a piece of white cardstock, in portrait orientation.
Glue a button on your whale to make the eye, and use a black marker to draw a smiley face. We also glued a little red heart that we cut out of cardstock on the whale’s tail.
Glue your heart shaped photo above the whale’s tail, as shown in the pattern.
Use colorful buttons to create a heart over the whale, as if he or she is making a heart with their water spray.
Write your message inside the button heart. Feel free to add your own special touch!
I just adore how this easy Mother’s Day craft turned out! I’m not sure I’ll ever take it off the fridge! I have a feeling that their Grandmothers would love one too!
More of our Favorite Kid-Made Photo Crafts
Looking for more cute ideas to make with your Walmart Photo prints? These are some of our most popular Mother’s Day crafts from years past:
And remember, check out Walmart Photo for all of your photo printing needs!
"Whaley Love You" Card with Printable Template
- Photo print
- Printable template
- Colorful cardstock
- Assorted buttons
- Download and print the free template.
- Cut out the heart and the whale patterns from the printed page.
- Trace the heart template on your 4x6 photo, so that the child(ren) are inside the heart. Cut out the heart-shaped photo and set aside.
- Trace and cut the whale out of cardstock. Glue to the bottom of a piece of white cardstock.
- Glue a button on your whale to make the eye, and use a black marker to draw a smiley face. We also glued a little red heart that we cut out of cardstock on the whale's tail.
- Glue your heart shaped photo just above the whale's tail, as shown in the pattern.
- Use colorful buttons to create a heart over the whale, as if he or she is making a heart with their water spray.
- Write your Valentine's Day message inside the button heart.
- Peach Wine Slushies - June 7, 2023
- 4th of July Fudge - June 6, 2023
- Watermelon Margaritas 2 Ways – “On the Rocks” or Frozen - June 5, 2023
Sherri Johnstone says
whale template – I love it