If you have a talented chef in the family, then you’ll definitely want to check out this list of gifts for people who love to cook. Tried and true kitchen essentials that will get tons of use and last for years!
Best Gifts for People Who Love to Cook
My husband LOVES to cook. (Lucky for me because I sure don’t!)
My husband is also a bit tricky to shop for!
However, anything kitchen-related is pretty much guaranteed to be a hit, so long as it is something he will actually use. (No gimmicky gadgets).
Because we’ve tried out so many different kitchen appliance and tools, I thought I would put together a comprehensive list of the ones that get the most use, are the best value, and have lasted the longest.
These are guaranteed SOLID gift ideas for the person you know who loves to cook!
For your convenience, I’ve included shop-able ad links to all of the items shown. I’ve only recommended things that we actually use and LOVE! Read our disclosure policy here.
All Things Silicone
Silicone is a home chef’s best friend! Flexible, easy to wash, non-stick, and heat-resistant – there’s almost nothing it can’t do!
The following are some of our favorite silicone kitchen tools that we use often. Click on the item name to learn more or for purchase info:
- Silicone Baking Mats — If you look at our baking recipes on the blog, you’ll see that we use these handy mats ALL the time in place of foil and parchment paper. They’re totally non-stick (without needing to use baking spray), so your baked goods slide right off. They’re washable and reusable, so there is no paper or aluminum waste.
- Whisks — Silicone whisks are good for scrambling eggs and mixing things in pans that you don’t want to risk scratching with a metal whisk. Look for a whisk with a strong handle, since the whisk itself is flexible.
- Silicone Spatula — We love silicone spatulas because they won’t scratch your expensive non-stick pans!
- Baking Cups/Muffin Liners — The same principle behind the baking mats, your muffins and cupcakes will pop right out of these silicone cups! Perfect for making muffins and things that you’ll be enjoying at home, as well as items you’ll be bagging up and freezing. Wash them and reuse over and over!
- Donut Pans — Making baked donuts at home has never been easier! They pop right out of the donut molds, unlike hard metal molds that sometimes stick.
Le Creuset Dutch Oven
First of all, Le Creuset pots are absolutely GORGEOUS — they come in a wide range of beautiful colors to match any kitchen too!
Even more important however is their versatility. You can use a dutch oven to make anything from soups and stews to perfect Mexican rice.
This is my husband’s go-to pot (he has two of them). Go with the 5 1/2 quart size (or bigger) and you should be able to make just about anything in it!
Made with enameled cast iron, Le Creuset dutch ovens are easy to clean and should last forever if you take care of them. It’s definitely a splurge, but if you’re looking for a “big” gift with wow-factor, this is it!
PS- If you have a budding food blogger in the family, Le Creuset pots look amazing in photos!
KitchenAid Stand Mixer
This was the first “big” present I bought for my husband. It was before we were married and I was totally trying to impress him!
I’ll never forget the look on his face when he opened the box and saw the gorgeous fire engine red KitchenAid 6-quart professional mixer staring back at him! He might have even squealed… (sorry honey…it was too cute!!)
TIP: Buy certified refurbished and you can save a LOT of money! I purchased a refurbished model and it works like a charm, with zero problems in eight years that we’ve had it.
Vitamix High Powered Blender
All blenders are not created equal!
Yes, there are a lot of blenders that cost less. However, I think we’ve burned up at least 3 other blenders before we got our Vitamix. Even if they’re cheaper, if a blender is not built to last it’s not a good deal.
Growing up, my mom had a Vitamix and we used it to make everything from juices to sorbet to soup. It was amazing!
This was another birthday present I got for my husband — I know it will last us for years and years!
TIP: I also recommend buying a certified refurbished Vitamix (like the Kitchenaid mixers) because you can get a like-new blender at almost half-off!
This is one of the most versatile pieces of kitchen equipment! My husband received the Hamilton Beach “Big Mouth” Food Processor years ago, and it’s been a workhorse. Even with daily use, it’s lasted for over 5 years – definitely a great value!
Here’s a shot of us making Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies in the first year of my blog:
We still have the same food processor! It’s been such an awesome purchase!
Sometimes we think “simple” equals lame, but the basics are often things that people need the most!
Nothing beats the classic wooden spoon when it comes to cooking, and good wooden spoons can last for years (or even decades in our house!)
There’s one food that I could eat every single day: rice. So the rice maker in our house gets a TON of use!
While I was in college, I bought this inexpensive Oster rice maker because it was cute and red to match my kitchen and the price was right. It lasted until this year…and we bought another one of the exact same model!
Who knew you needed a special spatula for cooking fish? This extra long slotted spatula is perfect for picking up delicate fish filets, so they make it to your plate without falling apart.
It’s one of my husband’s favorite tools for cooking salmon (click here to see his foolproof method to cook restaurant quality salmon at home).
All of Our Favorite Gifts for People Who Love to Cook
As a quick recap, here is a list of all of our favorite gifts for people who love to cook:
- Non-stick silicone Baking Mats
- Silicone Spatula
- Silicone Baking Cups/Muffin Liners
- Non-stick Silicone Donut Pans
- Le Creuset Dutch Oven
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer
- Vitamix High Powered Blender
- Hamilton Beach “Big Mouth” Food Processor
- Classic Wooden Spoons
- Oster Rice Maker
- Fish Spatulas
More gifts for people who love to cook:
FREE Printable Daily Planner
Complete the form to subscribe to our weekly newsletter with inspirational messages for moms, free family-friendly activities, giveaways, special offers, and more! You'll also get a FREE printable daily goal planner as a thank you for subscribing!
Latest posts by Stacey aka the Soccer Mom (see all)
- Study: Dads that Change Diapers have Happier Wives - August 20, 2019
- How to Strengthen Pelvic Floor Muscles After Birth - August 19, 2019
- Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Soy Glaze - August 19, 2019
Last updated on December 6th, 2018 at 05:00 pm