This is a sponsored conversation written by me for compensation by Bayer. The opinions and text are all mine.
Inside: Learn about the benefits of taking a multivitamin and how vitamin supplements can help fill nutrient gaps.
Do You Need to Take Vitamins?
Any time the girls or I have a checkup, the doctor makes a point to ask, “are you taking a daily multivitamin?”
While there are a lot of opinions about whether or not you need to take vitamins every day, it’s something we’ve always done.
But is it really that important? Are multivitamins necessary?
Benefits of Taking a Multivitamin
Vitamins aren’t a magic cure-all, but they can be very helpful! The following are just a few of the health benefits of multivitamins:
- Filling nutritional gaps —While the best way to get vitamins and minerals is through food, that doesn’t always happen. A daily multivitamin can help provide some of the nutrients that may be lacking in our diet.
- Supporting a healthy pregnancy — Prenatal vitamins are especially important during pregnancy because a developing baby needs folate, a B vitamin that is crucial for cell division and it supports baby’s brain and spinal cord development.
- Takes the worry out of nutrition —
- Nutrition can seem overwhelming, especially trying to figure out how to get all the nutrients you need. Plus, even if you eat well, you may still need more of certain key nutrients, such as Vitamins A, C, D, & E. A daily multivitamin like Bayer One A Day® makes it easy to help fill those nutrient gaps.
What is a Nutrient Gap?
A nutrition gap, or nutrient gap, is the difference between the nutrients we need to consume, and what we actually do. Research shows that nutrient gaps are surprisingly common.
A 2017 report by Oregon State University revealed that “about 75% of the US population (ages ≥1 year) do not consume the recommended intake of fruit, and more than 80% do not consume the recommended intake of vegetables”.
Americans aren’t known for having the healthiest eating habits, but even I was surprised by those stats!
Ideally, we should focus on getting vitamins and minerals through a balanced diet. However, when this doesn’t happen, a multivitamin is a helpful option.
Why Our Family Makes Sure to Take Our Vitamins
We make it a priority to sit down together for family dinner whenever possible, and most of the time we make it happen. However, there are some occasions when we have a lot of activities, appointments or school events that keep us on the go all day long.
It is on those busy days that I am especially glad we take daily multivitamins. Whether our family dines at a restaurant or grabs take-out, I appreciate what a daily multivitamin provides, knowing that we are still getting key vitamins and minerals.
How to Choose a Multivitamin
When choosing a multivitamin, the most important thing is to pick the right type for your age and lifestyle. That’s why I love Bayer One A Day — they provide a variety of options so there is something for everyone in our family.
I grew up with Flintstones™ vitamins – I especially loved the red ones! Not only do they still make the classic Flintstones Complete Chewable Tablets, Bayer now offers Flintstones Complete Gummies vitamins. The gummies are my girls’ favorites!
Because I’m still nursing my youngest daughter, I am especially mindful to take my daily vitamin! One A Day Women’s Complete multivitamin and One A Day Women’s Prenatal Multivitamin provide a wide range of key nutrients to help fill gaps in my nutrition.
Where to Find Bayer One A Day and Flintstones Products: These vitamins are located in the vitamin aisle at your local Walmart. They’re also available through Walmart Online Grocery Pickup & Delivery services.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Stacey aka the Soccer Mom (see all)
- Salt Shaker Snow Globe Ornaments - December 7, 2019
- Honey Nut Cheerio Balls – Easy Cheerio Peanut Butter Balls - December 6, 2019
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Truffles - December 5, 2019
Last updated on December 2nd, 2019 at 12:59 pm