Let’s be real — the filling is the best part of an Oreo! We’ve taken that rich Oreo creme filling and created a luscious White Hot Chocolate that’s guaranteed to warm you up on a cold winter day!
Oreo Creme Hot Chocolate
I’m always amazed that when offered a choice between chocolate or vanilla (ice cream, cupcakes, etc.), my youngest daughter always chooses vanilla. I’m a chocoholic, so I always go for the “good stuff” — chocolate!!
With one exception…
Oreo creme hot cocoa….our version of white hot cocoa.
This white hot cocoa is soooooo much richer than regular hot chocolate! That’s because it’s made from a decadent combination of creamy whole milk, sweetened condensed milk, and melted white chocolate.
But what really makes this the BEST white hot chocolate are the Oreos. That’s right — we mixed Oreo creme filling into our already delicious cocoa for a drink that is absolutely heavenly! Seriously…I think it’s even better than Starbucks white hot chocolate!
Fellow chocoholics, take note: this stuff is legit!!!
Ingredients for White Hot Chocolate
The following is a quick look at ingredients needed for this recipe, as well as clickable shopping links (where possible) for your convenience. (Disclosure policy here)
- Whole milk
- Sweetened condensed milk
- White chocolate chips
- Vanilla extract
- Cookies & cream syrup
- Oreo cookies
- Whipped cream
- Large saucepan
- Wire whisk
Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable copy of this recipe at the bottom of the post.
How to Make White Chocolate Hot Cocoa
- Add liquid ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove the creme from your Oreos (save the cookie part…we’ll use them later) and add the creme to pan of liquid ingredients, along with white chocolate chips.
- Whisk your white hot cocoa as it heats up, you want the chocolate chips to melt, but remove from heat before it starts to boil.
- Pour into a mug and finish with whipped cream and crumbled Oreo cookies.
Make it dairy free!
If you’re lactose intolerant like me, try this adaption:
- Sub your favorite non-dairy milk for whole milk (I love cashew milk!)
- Sub condensed coconut milk (try this recipe I use for non-dairy Vietnamese coffee) for regular condensed milk.
- Use non-dairy whipped topping in place of whipped cream. (I use Cool Whip, because it is lactose-freel; however there are dairy-derived ingredients, so skip if you have a dairy allergy).
- Look for vegan/non-dairy white chocolate and chocolate chips.
Did You Know? Believe it or not, there’s no dairy in the creme filling of Oreos! They’re dairy free and vegan!
White Hot Chocolate Recipe (Printable Copy)
Tell us what you think! If you liked this recipe, please rate it!
White Hot Chocolate (Made with Oreo Creme)
- 4 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cookies & cream syrup
- 8 Oreo cookies
- whipped cream for garnish
- Add liquid ingredients (milk, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and cookies & cream syrup) to a large saucepan over medium heat.
- White pan heats, remove the filling from your Oreo cookies and add the creme filling to the ingredients in pot. Set cookies aside for later. Add white chocolate chips to pan.
- Whisk ingredients in saucepan as the liquid heats — until the mixture is hot, but not quite boiling and the white chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Pour steaming white hot chocolate into mugs and top with a generous dollop of whipped cream. Finish with crumbled Oreo cookies.
Save this white chocolate hot cocoa recipe on Pinterest:
Try it with these chewy Hot Chocolate Cookies:
Make Cooking Fun (and Easy!)