This warm and gooey carrot cake cobbler is a unique twist on a classic dessert! The best part is how easy it is to make: just mix and bake!
Easy Carrot Cake Cobbler
You’ve never had carrot cake like this!!
Trust me when I say that this is one of those dessert that will make you stop and close your eyes and think “oh-my-goodness”…it is pure heaven!
Basically we combined the deliciousness of a carrot cake with the ease of a dump cake…and topped with with a brown sugar walnut crumble, just like a cobbler!
I call it a carrot cake cobbler, but whatever you want to call it, it’s plain delicious!!
Imagine, warm out of the oven…a little bit ooey-gooey in the middle…a sweet crunch on top with the crumble…and melty vanilla ice cream to pull it all together. Yep, it’s THAT good!
And it is EASY! All you have to do is mix the ingredients, sprinkle on the topping, and bake! If I can do this, anyone can!
This would be a fun dessert to make for Easter dinner, if you’re looking for something a little new and different. But really it’s good anytime of year!
Related: See almost 100 more unique carrot cake recipes here!
Carrot Cobbler Ingredients
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- White sugar
- Ground cinnamon, nutmeg & cloves
- Applesauce (no sugar added)
- Unsalted sweet cream butter — melted
- Vanilla extract
- Carrots — grated
Walnut Crumble Ingredients
- White sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Chopped walnuts
- Hot water
Kitchen Tools Used
- Baking dish — you can use either a 9″ square or 8×11″ oblong dish
- Mixing bowls
How to Make Carrot Cake Cobbler
Preheat your oven to 350°F and prep your baking dish with non-stick spray.
Whisk together the dry cake ingredients in a large bowl and the wet cake ingredients (including shredded carrots in a separate bowl.
Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of the dry ingredients, stirring as you pour.
Once your batter is well mixed, scoop it into your baking dish.
To Make the Crumble Topping
Whisk together the sugar, light brown sugar, and chopped walnuts and sprinkle on top of your batter in the baking dish.
Slowly pour the hot water over the top of the cake. Bake for 45-55 minutes. It will still be a bit soft inside, but you don’t want it to be liquid.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes so the cobbler can set, then scoop and serve with ice cream.
What are the Best Toppings?
I love to serve cobbler (any flavor!) with vanilla ice cream. When it melts and soaks into the cake part…ohhhh…sooo good!
You can also top this carrot cobbler with caramel sauce or a little extra cinnamon sugar. It’s all good!
Can You Make this Recipe Gluten Free or Dairy Free?
Yes and (mostly) yes!
To make this cobbler gluten free, simply swap the regular flour for gluten free all purpose flour. You may also want to check the packaging for the other ingredients to make sure that they are certified gluten free, just in case.
To make this cake lactose free, use your favorite nondairy milk. We love almond milk and cashew milk! There IS butter in this recipe, which has a negligible amount of lactose, so I personally don’t worry about that. For allergies, you may need to find a butter substitute.
More of our Favorite Carrot Cake Recipes
Carrot Cake Cobbler Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you tried this recipe and loved it, please rate it!
Carrot Cake Cobbler
- 9x13" baking dish
For the Cake
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup unsalted sweet cream butter melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrots
For the Topping
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 ½ cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F and coat baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the dry cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a different mixing bowl, whisk together the applesauce, milk, melted butter, vanilla and grated carrots.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients, mixing as you go. When fully incorporated, scoop batter into your prepared baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry topping ingredients (you don't need the hot water just yet). Sprinkle this mixture on top of your cake batter.
- Carefully pour the hot water on top of the cake and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the middle is set.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then scoop and serve.
Pin this Carrot Dump Cake Recipe on Pinterest
You might also like:
- Peach Wine Slushies - June 7, 2023
- 4th of July Fudge - June 6, 2023
- Watermelon Margaritas 2 Ways – “On the Rocks” or Frozen - June 5, 2023
Leave a Reply