Let’s be real — we might complain about Christmas cookie overload, but we LOVE getting them! This year my husband (the chef of the family) created a few non-traditional treats, including these Bacon Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats.
The verdict? Well…there definitely aren’t any leftovers!
But these Bacon Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats don’t have to wait until Christmas! Peanut butter and bacon are delicious and perfectly appropriate all year round!
Bacon Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats Ingredients
- 1 lb package bacon, cooked
- 2 cups marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 TB butter
STEP ONE: In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt down peanut butter, marshmallows, and butter. Stir until well combined and mostly smooth.
STEP TWO: Meanwhile, trim fat from cooked bacon and chop into small pieces. Set aside.
STEP THREE: Pour liquid mixture into a large mixing bowl with Rice Krispies and stir until cereal is evenly coated. Add bacon and stir until distributed throughout.
STEP FOUR: Lightly coat a glass baking dish with cooking spray. Scoop Rice Krispie Treat mixture into the dish, spread, and gently pat to even the top surface. Allow to set for 1-2 hours. (This process can be expedited by setting in the fridge).
Tips and tricks:
- We used a 13″ x 9″ baking dish; for thicker treats, try using an 11″ x 7″ baking dish.
- For easy cutting and serving, line baking dish with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Try adding 1/2 or 1 cup mini marshmallows (not melted) to the final mixture along with bacon for extra marshmallow-y flavor.
Pin these decadent Bacon Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats on Pinterest:
You might also like these easy no-bake dessert recipes:
See what else is cooking in the Soccer Mom Blog Kitchen! Follow our recipe board on Pinterest:
FREE Printable Daily Planner
Complete the form to subscribe to our weekly newsletter with inspirational messages for moms, free family-friendly activities, giveaways, special offers, and more! You'll also get a FREE printable daily goal planner as a thank you for subscribing!
Latest posts by Stacey aka the Soccer Mom (see all)
- World’s BEST Carrot Cake Recipe - September 17, 2019
- Why the School Car Rider Line is a Blessing in Disguise - September 16, 2019
- Why We Said “NO Homework” After School! - September 14, 2019
Last updated on August 2nd, 2019 at 12:44 pm