The perfect combination of sweet and savory, this Teriyaki Chicken Burger Recipe is so flavorful it’s no wonder it’s one of the most popular Red Robin menu items! We’ll show you how to re-create it at home!
Red Robin Teriyaki Chicken Burger
I am a huge fan of Red Robin, but the closest location is a bit of a drive. Also, we try to meal plan most of the time to we keep our grocery budget reasonable.
That’s why I’m loving this spot-on copycat recipe to make the famous Red Robin Teriyaki Chicken Burger at home!
This delicious Red Robin copycat recipe is perfect for those times when you’re craving a juicy chicken sandwich, but are trying to stick to your food budget! When you buy and cook your own chicken, you can save a ton of money and still get all that juicy flavor! (I’ll show you how to use the Instant Pot to cook your chicken and seal in the moisture!)
This delicious teriyaki chicken sandwich is made with simple ingredients but it is so flavorful! It’s both sweet and savory and tastes just like what you’d get at a restaurant!
What’s on the Red Robin Chicken Teriyaki Sandwich?
The teriyaki chicken burger is labeled a “House Fav” at Red Robin, and it’s no wonder! This is one juicy and flavorful sandwich!
The listed ingredients are: teriyaki, grilled pineapple, Swiss, lettuce, tomatoes, and mayo. We did our best to re-create this popular dish in a way that is easy to make at home!
What You Need to Make Chicken Teriyaki Burgers
For your convenience I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products used to make this recipe; disclosure policy available here.
- Chicken breast — You can use pre-cooked, but we prepped our own in the Instant Pot to ensure that they are especially tender and juicy.
- Teriyaki sauce
- Nature’s Seasons seasoning blend— A handy mix of onion, garlic, salt, pepper and other natural seasonings. If you don’t have this at home, you can always add a pinch of those individual ingredients instead.
- Swiss cheese — sliced
- Canned pineapple rings — Grilled or plain
- Tomato — sliced
- Iceberg lettuce — shredded
- Mayonnaise — optional
- Sesame seed buns
Kitchen Tools Used
How to Make a Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich
Season chicken breasts and place in a zip-top bag with teriyaki sauce. Allow to marinate in fridge for for 4-6 hours.
Place marinated chicken on a trivet in your Instant Pot with 1 cup of water. Pressure cook on high for 7 minutes. Use manual release, and then make sure that the chicken is fully cooked.
Place each chicken breast on cutting board and top with two slices of cheese. You want to make sure and so this while the chicken is still hot so the cheese will melt.
Layer chicken on a bun with 2 slices of pineapple, a slice of tomato, and shredded lettuce. Spread mayonnaise on the top bun and place on top of the sandwich.
You can use either grilled pineapple (like the original Red Robin recipe) or simply place the pineapple rings straight onto the sandwich (easy way!) It’s hard to beat the sweet caramelized grilled pineapple, but if you’re in a pinch for time, plain pineapple still tastes amazing!
Best enjoyed warm.
Can You Use Pre-Cooked Chicken Breast?
Absolutely! Pre-cooked chicken is definitely a time-saver! If going this route, you’ll want to marinate for a bit and then heat the chicken before making your sandwiches.
The reasons we cook our own chicken from scratch is that cooking chicken breasts in the Instant Pot helps seal in moisture so they stay extra juicy. It is also cheaper to cook your own chicken.
How to Grill Pineapple Rings on the Stove
You probably won’t want to fire up your outdoor grill for a few pineapple rings, but you can re-create that grilled flavor on the stovetop!
Simply give each pineapple ring a brush of melted butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar. Cook on a grill pan until the rings start to get golden brown grill marks. Remove from pan and add to your sandwich.
- Sweet and Spicy Instant Pot Baked Beans
- Oven Baked French Fries
- Easy Hearts of Palm and Artichoke Salad
Grab a free printable copy of our Chicken Teriyaki Burger recipe:
If you liked this recipe, please rate it!
Copycat Red Robin Teriyaki Chicken Burger
- Instant Pot
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon Nature's Seasons seasoning blend
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices canned pineapple
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 sesame seed buns
- Season chicken and place in zip-top bag with teriyaki sauce. Marinate in fridge for 4-6 hours.
- Place chicken on trivet in Instant Pot with 1 cup water. Pressure cook on high for 1 minute, then natural release.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot and immediately top each chicken breast with 2 slices of cheese.
- Layer chicken on bun with 2 slices pineapple, 1 slice tomato, and shredded lettuce.
- Spread mayonnaise on top bun and place on top of sandwich.
Pin this Chicken Teriyaki Burger recipe on Pinterest:
More of our favorite sandwich recipes: