Cherry Jello, Cherry Vodka, and Cherry Pucker combine to create a sweet and sour jello shot that’s packed with cherry flavor!
Cherry Vodka Jello Shots
When it comes to candy, jello, etc. cherry is my absolute favorite flavor!
These bright red jello shots actually taste as good as they look! That’s because we used 3 different cherry-flavored ingredients to make them. These really are the ultimate cherry flavored jello shots! You can’t even taste the vodka! (So be careful with them!)
If you’re looking for an easy jello shot recipe that only takes five ingredients, you will love these amazing jello shots! The sweet and sour from the cherry combine to make a decadent yet sweet jello shot recipe you’ll crave.
Related: For another fun cherry flavored cocktail, try our Sparkling Black Cherry Martini. It’s got bubbles! And it is clear so you don’t have to worry about spills!
Sour Cherry Jello Shots Ingredients
- 1 box Cherry Jello (3oz box)
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 1/2 cup Chilled Cherry Vodka
- 1/4 cup Chilled Cherry Schnapps
- 4 Tablespoons Sweet & Sour (liquid)
This recipe is intended for readers 21+; please enjoy responsibly!
Kitchen Tools Used
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe, I’ve provided shop-able ad links to some of the products used; disclosure policy available here.
- Sour Cherry Gummies
- 2oz Plastic Condiment Cups or Plastic Shot Glasses
- Wire whisk
- Muffin tin
- Mixing Bowl
- Add cherry gelatin to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk in hot water until the jello powder is completely dissolved. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the chilled cherry vodka, cherry schnapps, and sweet & sour and stir to mix.
- Place the plastic cups in a muffin tin or on a baking tray. Pour the jello mixture into the jello shot cups, so they are about 3/4 of the way full.
- Place the tray of jell-o shots in the refrigerator to chill until the gelatin has completely set (may take up to 4 hours).
- When you’re ready to serve, garnish each jello shot with a 1-inch section of sour rainbow belt candy and a sour cherry candy. Or you can use your favorite gummy candy!
- I recommend waiting to add the candy until you’re about to serve the shots, so that the candy doesn’t get mushy.
- Alternatively, you could top each shot with a maraschino cherry and/or whipped cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Use Regular Vodka?
If you have plain vodka at home and a box of cherry jello, you can still make cherry jello shots without an extra trip to the liquor store. I love using cherry flavored vodka because it makes the shots taste soooo fruity and delicious, but plain vodka will still work. They might just taste a little stronger.
For this modification, follow the instructions as written, but for step 2, add 1 cup chilled vodka by itself (instead of the mix of cherry vodka, schnapps, and sweet and sour). If you do have sweet and sour on hand, you can do a mix of 3/4 cup chiled vodka and 4 Tablespoons sweet and sour.
How Long Do Jello Shots Stay Good in the Fridge?
Jello shots are an excellent make-ahead party recipe because they can keep in the fridge for days. If making a day ahead, I recommend using plastic cups that have lids, so prevent anything from getting into the jello. I also recommend waiting to add any toppings or garnishes until you’re ready to serve them. Other than that, your jello shots can last up to a week in the refrigerator!
More Jello Shot Recipes to Try:
- Root Beer Jello Shots
- Pool Party Jello Shots
- Creamsicle Jello Shots
- Banana Pudding Jello Shots
- Crown Peach Jello Shots
- Starburst Jello Shots
- Candy Cane Jello Shots
- Grinch Christmas Jello Shots
- Watermelon Margarita Jello Shots
Printable Copy of our Cherry Jello Shots Recipe
If you like this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails from The Soccer Mom Blog
Sweet & Sour Cherry Jello Shots
- Mixing bowl
- 16 2oz Plastic Cups
- Baking Tray or Muffin Tin
- 3 ounces Cherry Jello one typical box
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 1/2 cup Cherry Vodka Chilled
- 1/4 cup Cherry Schnapps Chilled
- 4 Tablespoons Sweet & Sour mix (liquid)
- Add jello powder to a mixing bowl and whisk in the hot water until all the gelatin is dissolved. Allow to cool for a few minutes, so it is warm but not hot.
- Stir in the vodka, schnapps, and sweet & sour.
- Pour jello mixture into the cups so they are about 3/4 full.
- Chill in fridge until fully set. When ready to serve, top with a maraschino cherry or cherry gummy candy.
Be sure to pin our Sour Cherry Jello Shots recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: