Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets are packed with bold flavors – an easy and healthy dinner ready in about 20 minutes!
Easy & Healthy Cajun Shrimp Foil Packs
Before I moved to Texas, I don’t think I’d ever tasted Cajun food before. However, it has totally grown on me!
I love the bold, vibrant flavors that are a trademark of Cajun cuisine. There’s usually a little bit of heat (or a lot), but there’s also SO much more going on!
These Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets bring the flavors of Cajun country to your dinner table – in less than 30 minutes! It’s a super easy recipe packed with protein and healthy veggies.
Who says healthy food has to taste bland?!
Why Cook in Foil?
Every time we cook a meal in a foil packet, I’m reminded why I love this method of cooking! Here are a few reasons why cooking in foil is so awesome:
- No baking dishes to clean up or scrub afterwards
- Seals in flavors
- Steams food to preserve juices
- Requires little to no added cooking oil
- Faster than many other cooking methods
For your convenience, I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products used to make our Cajun Shrimp Foil Packs; disclosure policy available here.
- Corn (on cob)
- Smoked Cajun Andouille sausage
- Large shrimp, peeled & de-veined
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Old Bay seasoning
- Cajun seasoning
- Aluminum foil
A free printable copy of this recipe with full ingredient amounts and directions is available at the bottom of the post.
How to Make Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets
Keep reading for photo step-by-step instructions and cooking tips, or click here to jump to printable recipe.
Preheat grill (if using a gas grill, you’ll want medium-high heat or about 425°F).
Prepare your Cajun sauce:
In a small mixing bowl combine lemon juice, garlic, Old Bay seasoning, and Cajun seasoning. Whisk together briskly until ingredients are well incorporated.
Build your shrimp foil packets:
Tear off 4 squares of aluminum foil. Each shrimp packet will require 2 sheets of foil.
TIP: You can also use pre-cut foil if that’s what you have on hand.
Lay two sheets of foil on your workspace and evenly divide your shrimp, sausage, and veggies between the two foil sheets, placing ingredients in the middle.
Drizzle sauce over each of the shrimp foil packets.
Place second foil sheet over top of each of your foil packet, then roll the four sides into the middle, sealing the packets.
How to cook your shrimp foil packets:
Grilling method: Check to make sure that your grill is hot, then place shrimp foil packets (sealed side up) in the middle of grill. Cook 12 – 15 minutes.
Baking method: If the weather is bad or you don’t have access to a grill, you can absolutely cook these easy shrimp foil packets in the oven instead! Bake for 15 minutes at 425°F.
Best enjoyed warm. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
Grab a Free Printable Copy of our Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets Recipe:
Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets are packed with bold flavors - an easy and healthy dinner ready in about 20 minutes!
- 2 ears corn sliced into 1-inch thick rounds
- 8 ounces cajun sausage links sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled & de-veined
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons. minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
Preheat grill (425°F if using gas grill)
Whisk together lemon juice, garlic, Old Bay seasoning, and Cajun seasoning in a small mixing bowl.
- Tear off 4 squares of aluminum foil. Each shrimp packet will require 2 sheets of foil.
- Lay two sheets of foil on your workspace and evenly divide your shrimp, sausage, and veggies between the two foil sheets, placing ingredients in the middle.
- Drizzle sauce over each of the shrimp foil packets.
- Place second foil sheet over top of each of your foil packet, then roll the four sides into the middle, sealing the packets.
Check to make sure that your grill is hot, then place shrimp foil packets (sealed side up) in the middle of grill. Cook 12 - 15 minutes.
You can also bake in oven instead for 15 minutes at 425°F.
Note: Nutrition information is a rough estimate only; actual values will vary based on the exact ingredients used and amount of recipe prepared.
More of our favorite shrimp recipes:
FREE Printable Daily Planner
Complete the form to subscribe to our weekly newsletter with inspirational messages for moms, free family-friendly activities, giveaways, special offers, and more! You'll also get a FREE printable daily goal planner as a thank you for subscribing!
Last updated on July 19th, 2018 at 02:30 pm
Have you ever thought about starting a blog of your own? Click here to find out more!
Follow the Soccer Mom Blog on Pinterest - Facebook- Twitter - Instagram