Looking for a quick and easy dinner that’s a break from the usual? Look no further! These Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets are bursting with bold flavor and ready in about 20 minutes!
Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packets
Before I moved to Texas, I don’t think I’d ever tasted Cajun food before. However, it has totally grown on me!
I love the bold, vibrant flavors that are a trademark of Cajun cuisine. There’s usually a little bit of heat (or a lot), but there’s also SO much more going on!
These Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets bring the flavors of Cajun country to your dinner table – in less than 30 minutes! It’s a super easy recipe packed with protein and healthy veggies.
Who says healthy food has to taste bland?!
Why Cook in Foil?
Every time we cook a meal in a foil packet, I’m reminded why I love this method of cooking! Here are a few reasons why cooking in foil is so awesome:
- No baking dishes to clean up or scrub afterwards
- Seals in flavors
- Steams food to preserve juices
- Requires little to no added cooking oil
- Faster than many other cooking methods
What You Need to Make Cajun Foil Packets
For your convenience, I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products used to make this recipe; disclosure policy available here.
- Corn (on cob)
- Smoked Cajun Andouille sausage
- Large shrimp, peeled & de-veined
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Old Bay seasoning
- Cajun seasoning
- Aluminum foil
A free printable copy of this recipe with full ingredient amounts and directions is available at the bottom of the post.
What’s in the Cajun Sauce?
Cajun seasonings and sauces are known for being BOLD. They can be hot spicy, or simply spicy in the sense that there are a lot of flavors!
Our cajun sauce combines traditional cajun seasoning (with its blend of peppers and paprika), Old Bay Seasoning, lemon juice, and garlic.
All you have to do is whisk the ingredients together and pour into your foil packs before sealing and cooking.
TIP: Feel free to use your personal favorite cajun seasoning brand! You’re also welcome to add more spicy if you like a kick!
How to Prepare the Foil Packets:
Tear off 4 squares of aluminum foil. Each shrimp packet will require 2 sheets of foil.
TIP: You can also use pre-cut foil if that’s what you have on hand.
Lay two sheets of foil on your workspace and evenly divide your shrimp, sausage, and veggies between the two foil sheets, placing ingredients in the middle.
Drizzle sauce over each of the shrimp foil packets.
Place second foil sheet over top of each of your foil packet, then roll the four sides into the middle, sealing the packets.
How to Cook Shrimp Foil Packets
There are two ways to make cajun foil packets: in the oven or on the grill. Both are easy and both taste fabulous!
1. How to Make Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets in the Oven
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place foil packet in center rack.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on how done you like your shrimp and veggies.
2. How to Cook a Cajun Foil Pack on the Grill
- Preheat grill (if using a gas grill, you’ll want medium-high heat or about 425°F).
- Check to make sure that your grill is hot, then place shrimp foil packets (sealed side up) in the middle of grill.
- Cook 12 – 15 minutes.
Best enjoyed warm. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
Grab a Free Printable Copy of our Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets Recipe:
If you liked this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets
- 2 ears corn sliced into 1-inch thick rounds
- 8 ounces cajun sausage links sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled & de-veined
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons. minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Preheat grill (425°F if using gas grill)
Prepare your Cajun sauce:
- Whisk together lemon juice, garlic, Old Bay seasoning, and Cajun seasoning in a small mixing bowl.
Build your shrimp foil packets:
- Tear off 4 squares of aluminum foil. Each shrimp packet will require 2 sheets of foil.
- Lay two sheets of foil on your workspace and evenly divide your shrimp, sausage, and veggies between the two foil sheets, placing ingredients in the middle.
- Drizzle sauce over each of the shrimp foil packets.
- Place second foil sheet over top of each of your foil packet, then roll the four sides into the middle, sealing the packets.
How to cook your shrimp foil packets:
- Check to make sure that your grill is hot, then place shrimp foil packets (sealed side up) in the middle of grill. Cook 12 - 15 minutes.
- You can also bake in oven instead for 10-15 minutes at 425°F.