So simple, so elegant, and So. Darn. Good. These Grilled Garlic Butter Shrimp skewers are a healthy gourmet meal that’s ready in about 15 minutes!
Grilled Garlic Butter Shrimp Skewers
To save money, our family stocks up on meat and seafood when it’s on sale so we can freeze and enjoy later.
This grilled garlic butter shrimp recipe is the perfect way to prepare frozen shrimp, because the smoke of the grill and the rich garlic butter hides any evidence that these were previously frozen!
But perhaps the best part about this recipe is that it takes literally minutes to make! 5-10 minutes of prep plus 5 minutes of cook time and you have a gourmet dinner on the table. It doesn’t get any better than that!
15 minutes is all you need to put a gourmet meal on the table!
Serve with a side of rice and veggies and you’ve got a light and healthy dish perfect for busy nights, post-workout meals, weeknights, or even special occasions. Love!!
Related: For another easy, healthy grilled recipe, try our Greek Pork Souvlaki Skewers too!
I’ve included affiliate links for your convenience in re-creating this recipe; disclosure policy available here.
- 1 lb shrimp, large, (16-20’s)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (a heaping tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon parsley, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Kitchen tools you might find useful:
How to Make Easy Grilled Garlic Butter Shrimp
Keep reading for photo step-by-step instructions and cooking tips or click here to jump to printable recipe.
Preheat the grill to 350°F.
If needed, thaw the shrimp. Peel and devein them, leaving on the tails.
Thread the shrimp on wet bamboo skewers.
Tip: Soaking wooden skewers in warm water for at least 10 minutes helps prevent them from catching fire while grilling.
In a small mixing bowl, combine melted butter, garlic, salt and pepper.
Once grill is heated, lay the shrimp across its surface to begin cooking. Flip the shrimp after approximately 2 minutes.
After you’ve flipped the shrimp, baste the side facing up with the garlic butter sauce. Do this carefully to avoid flare-ups.
Turn the shrimp and baste the other side.
Remove the shrimp when cooked through (after about 5-7 minutes total grill time).
Brush them shrimp one more time with the garlic sauce before serving.
Like it Spicy?
Be sure to try our grilled Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets too:
Grab a free printable copy of our Grilled Garlic Butter Shrimp here:
If you love this recipe, rate it!
15 Minute Grilled Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp large, (16-20’s)
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced (a heaping tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon parsley minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium heat, or about 350°F.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving on the tails.
- Thread the shrimp on wet bamboo skewers.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once grill is heated, lay the shrimp across its surface to begin cooking. Flip the shrimp after approximately 2 minutes.
- After you've flipped the shrimp, baste the side facing up with the garlic butter sauce.
- Turn the shrimp and baste the other side.
- Remove the shrimp when cooked through (after about 5-7 minutes total grill time).
- Brush them shrimp one more time with the garlic sauce before serving.