Gooey and sweet, these 3 Ingredient Lucky Charms Squares are a cute and easy St. Patrick’s Day treat!
Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats
Growing up, Lucky Charms was one of my favorite cereals! I still have a soft spot for that sweet cereal and those delicious little marshmallows! I’ll totally admit that I used to eat all the marshmallows first!
These Lucky Charms Treats are adorable and are made just like Rice Krispie Treats, except using Lucky Charms cereal instead. You only need 3 ingredients!
Your kids (or you…no judgement here!) will love these tasty treats, the perfect combination of sweet, ooey-gooey and crunchy. And to make them absolutely perfect… there is a layer of those yummy Lucky Charms marshmallows on top!
If you’re looking for an easy to make snack for the kids or a festive St. Patrick’s Day dessert, this recipe is a total winner!
Related: Check out our Lucky Charms Candy Bark too!
Lucky Charms Treats Ingredients
Affiliate links provided for your convenience in re-creating this recipe; read disclosure policy here.
- 1/2 cup salted butter (1 stick)
- 1 bag (12oz) mini marshmallows
- 7 cups Lucky Charms cereal, separated
Kitchen Supplies Used
- Separate the Lucky Charms marshmallows from the plain cereal pieces.
- Line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Add a stick of butter to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the mini marshmallows (not the Lucky Charms marshmallows) and stir until completely melted.
- Once the butter/marshmallow mixture is melted, remove the pan from stovetop and stir in the cereal pieces until completely coated.
- Scoop cereal mixture into the prepared pan and gently press to spread out the cereal so that the entire pan is evenly filled.
- Scatter the Lucky Charms marshmallows on top, gently pressing them so that the marshmallows stick to the cereal mixture.
Cool in the pan completely, until the Lucky Charms treats have set fully, before slicing and serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Best Way to Store Marshmallow Treat Bars?
The best way to store your homemade cereal treat bars is in an airtight container at room temperature. They will stay good for up to 3 days. Refrigeration is not necessary.
If you’d like to keep them longer, use a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 6 weeks.
Can You Just Mix the Lucky Charms Marshmallows in with Everything Else?
I love adding the Lucky Charms marshmallows on top of the cereal bars because it adds a colorful layer and is very eye-catching. They also perfectly keep their shape, instead of getting squished or cut in half when you slice the squares. However, this does mean you have to take a few minutes to separate the marshmallows from the cereal.
If you want to save a little time, you can totally stir the Lucky Charms marshmallows in the with cereal bar mixture, then press into the pan.
I recommend allowing the melted marshmallow/cereal mixture time to cool off a bit before adding the Lucky Charms marshmallows. Otherwise they might melt too and you won’t notice them as much.
More St. Patrick’s Day Recipes for Kids
- Shamrock Pancakes
- Chocolate Marshmallow Leprechaun Hats
- Pot ‘o Gold St. Patrick’s Day Cookie Cups
- Lucky Charms Cake
- Rainbow Frosted Graham Crackers
Grab a free printable copy of our Lucky Charms Treats Recipe:
If you like this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats
- Square Pan
- Parchment paper
- Medium Saucepan
- 1/2 cup salted butter 1 typical stick
- 12 oz mini marshmallows 1 typical bag
- 7 cups Lucky Charms cereal separated
- To prep, separate the Lucky Charms marshmallows from the plain cereal pieces and line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Add butter to a saucepan over medium heat. Add white mini marshmallows and stir until everything is completely melted.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the plain cereal pieces until completely coated in melted marshmallow.
- Scoop cereal mixture into the lined pan and spread out the cereal so that it evenly fills the pan.
- Scatter the Lucky Charms marshmallows on top and gently press so that they stick.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature.
Pin Our 3 Ingredient Lucky Charms Squares on Pinterest:
You might also like: