Use our free printable patterns to create this fun Halloween magnet activity! Kids can use the different shapes to mix-n-match funny faces for a ghost, pumpkin, and Frankenstein!
Mix-N-Match Magnet Ghost Craft
Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year — I think I might look forward to it more than the kids!
Growing up I loved everything about Halloween, from the treats to the costumes to the spooky decorations. I even went trick-or-treating all the way through high school (but I totally dressed up and took it seriously!)
I love planning our decorations and costumes leading up to the big day, and sharing those experiences with the girls. (Like these Chocolate Spiderweb Halloween Cupcake Toppers!)
These Halloween Magnet Crafts make super cute and festive fridge decorations! Plus they double as a boredom buster to keep the kiddos occupied while you cook dinner, get some chores done, or just read a good book!
Kids will get a kick out of switching the pieces around to make lots of goofy ghost faces!
I’ve included a free printable pattern to make three different Halloween faces:
Make one, make two, make them all! This is a super easy craft and Halloween activity that kids can help make too!
For your convenience, I’ve included shop-able ad links to the supplies used to make this craft; disclosure policy available here.
- Printable Pattern
- Craft Foam — orange for the pumpkin, green for Frankenstein, and white for the ghost
- Black Felt or Craft Foam
- Craft glue or Glue Gun
- Small round magnets
How to Make Our Halloween Magnets
First, download/print the Halloween Magnet Craft Templates. Cut out the patterns onto cardstock or thick paper.
Trace the pumpkin shape onto orange craft foam, the ghost shape onto white craft foam, and the Frankenstein head onto green craft foam.
Glue a magnet to the back of each of your cutout eyes and mouths. Then glue 3-4 magnets on each the pumpkin, ghost, and Frankenstein.
I recommend placing the magnets near the edges of the faces, so that way when you place eyes, mouth pieces, etc. on top, they will stick to the fridge or sheet pan easily through the foam.
Could You Use Felt Instead of Foam?
Yes! We love craft foam because it is lightweight and easy to work with — the glue sticks well to it. However, you can also use thick felt for this craft too. If using felt, I recommend a glue gun to make sure the magnets stay fastened.
Halloween Magnet Activity
Place the Halloween magnet faces on the fridge. You can also use a flat sheet pan as the play space. This is handy so kids can play anywhere!
Mix and match the black felt magnets to make funny faces. All of the pieces are interchangeable and can be used to make eyes, noses, and mouths on any of the faces.
Note: This craft contains small pieces, so always supervise little ones when they play with it.
More Easy Halloween Crafts
- Make a Cell Phone Costume with a Cardboard Box
- Laundry Jug Jack-O-Lanterns
- Minnie & Mickey Mouse Pumpkins
- Pumpkin Faces Popsicle Stick Game
- Quilled Pumpkin Paper Craft
- Toilet Paper Roll Pumpkins
Halloween Magnet Craft Instructions
Mix-N-Match Halloween Magnets Activity
- Craft Foam
- Small Magnets
- Download and print the Halloween Magnet Craft Templates. Cut out the patterns onto cardstock or thick paper.
- Trace the pumpkin shape onto orange craft foam, the ghost shape onto white craft foam, and the Frankenstein head onto green craft foam.
- Glue a magnet to the back of each of your cutout eyes and mouths. Then glue two or three magnets on each the pumpkin, ghost, and Frankenstein.
- Kids can play with the magnets on the fridge, or even a sheet pan for portable play. Mix and match the eyes, noses, and mouths to create endless funny faces.