Fruity and refreshing, these Pool Party Jello Shots are perfect for a day on the water! You’ll need blue jello, blue raspberry vodka, and gummy candy.
Pool Day Jello Shots
Jello shots are the cocktail that doesn’t ever get watered down!
You guys…it is not even summer yet but it is 100 degrees here in Texas! Send help!! Or send vodka!!
These adorable jello shots are perfect for a day at the pool, floating the river, or hitting the beach. They’re fruity and delicious, but definitely pack a punch!
I love jello shots because you can make them, pack them in a cooler, and enjoy them anytime. No mixing needed, no ice, etc. Just pop one in your mouth and enjoy!
These ones are inspired by a pool party — with blue jello like water and a cute little gummy bear floating on an inner tube. Seriously, so so cute!
If you’re looking for a fun party-size jello shot recipe, these easy jello shots are the perfect choice! They’re actually really easy to prepare because you only need to make one batch of jello and then pop some gummies on top. Just be sure to give yourself a couple hours for the jello to set in the fridge, and you’re good to go!
Related: Try our Sweet & Sour Cherry Jello Shots too!
- Blue Raspberry Jello Mix — one typical 3oz box
- 1 cup UV Blue Vodka
- 1 cup boiling water
- 15 Blue/White gummy rings
- 15 Gummy Bears
- Whipped topping — such as Cool Whip
Kitchen Tools Used
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe, I’ve provided shop-able ad links to some of the products used; disclosure policy available here.
- 2oz Plastic Condiment Cups or Shot Glasses
- Wire whisk
- Muffin tin
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Frosting decorating bag — We love these reusable silicone piping bags because you can wash and use them over and over again. To make the waves, we used a #4 round tip.
Place the plastic cups in a muffin tin. This helps keep them in place when pouring and moving in and out of the fridge.
Using a large bowl, whisk together the boiling water and blue raspberry jello mix. When the gelatin has completely dissolved, stir in the vodka.
Pour the jello mixture into the plastic cups, leaving a little bit of headspace at the top. Move the tray of jello shots into the fridge to set.
When the jello has fully set, remove the tray from the fridge. Scoop Cool Whip into a frosting decorating bag with a small tip and use it to pipe waves onto the top of each jello shot.
Place one gummy ring in the middle of each shot, and then one gummy bear in the center of each ring.
- For an extra kick, try soaking the gummy bears in coconut rum while the jello shots set in the fridge. When you’re ready to put the candy on top of the shots, place the gummy bears onto a paper towel to air dry first.
- Feel free to use any type of gummy animal for your shots. You could even skip the rings altogether and place a shark gummy or Swedish fish gummy in the waves!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Jello Shots Does This Recipe Make?
This recipe should yield about 15 jello shots, depending on the size of your cups and how much you fill them. We used 2 ounce plastic condiment cups for our glasses and they were filled almost all the way. We stopped just enough so that you could put a lid on them and not mess up the jello.
This recipe is intended for readers 21+; please enjoy responsibly.
How Long Can You Keep Jello Shots in the Refrigerator?
Jello shots are a great make-ahead party recipe because they will stay good in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. I recommend waiting to add the gummy candy toppings until it’s time to serve.
When storing leftovers or keeping your shots in the fridge ahead of time, put the lids on the cups (if they have lids) or cover the tray of shots with plastic wrap.
More Jello Shot Recipes to Try:
- Shark Jello Shots (perfect for Shark Week!)
- Creamsicle Jello Shots
- Banana Pudding Jello Shots
- Crown Peach Jello Shots
- Starburst Jello Shots
- Candy Cane Jello Shots
- Grinch Christmas Jello Shots
- Watermelon Margarita Jello Shots
- Root Beer Float Jello Shots
Printable Copy of our Pool Day Jello Shots Recipe
If you like this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails from The Soccer Mom Blog
Pool Day Jello Shots
- 15 2 oz to go sauce containers with lids
- 1 Disposable piping bag with #4 round tip
- 1 box blue raspberry jello mix 3.5oz box
- 1 Cup UV Blue Vodka or similar
- 1 Cup boiling water
- 15 Blue/White gummy rings
- 15 Gummy bears
- Whipped Topping as needed
- Place the plastic cups in a muffin tin. This helps keep them in place when pouring and moving in and out of the fridge.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the boiling water and blue raspberry jello mix. When the gelatin has completely dissolved, stir in the vodka.
- Pour the jello mixture into the plastic cups, leaving a little bit of headspace at the top. Move the tray of jello shots into the fridge to set.
- When the jello has fully set, remove the tray from the fridge. Scoop Cool Whip into a frosting decorating bag with a small tip and use it to pipe waves onto the top of each jello shot.
- Place one gummy ring in the middle of each shot, and then one gummy bear in the center of each ring.
Be sure to pin our Pool Party Jello Shots recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: