A simple, wholesome side dish that only requires 4 real food ingredients. We love this sausage & spinach skillet for just about any meal!
Savory Sausage & Spinach Skillet
My husband whipped up this Sausage & Spinach Skillet on the fly today and it was so beautiful that I had to take some photos — look at those vibrant colors!
This is such a simple side dish recipe, yet the end result is bursting with flavor! The best part: you only need four ingredients!
Sautéed Sausage & Spinach Ingredients
- 1 sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1lb mild Italian sausage
- 3 cups chopped baby spinach
Free printable copy of this recipe is available at the bottom of the post, or click here to jump to the recipe.
This Sausage & Spinach Skillet is as delicious as it is beautiful and it’s now a part of our regular rotation. The kids love it too!
**BONUS: You could even serve with a fried egg for a hearty and healthy breakfast option.
How to make our simply delicious sausage & spinach skillet:
A wholesome side dish that accompanies almost any meal!
- 1 sweet yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 3 cups baby spinach chopped
- Sauté onions (we use coconut oil) in large skillet on medium heat for about five minutes until they start to caramelize.
Add bell pepper and continue to sauté until the pepper slices soften.
Add sausage; use wooden spoon or spatula to chop in pan. (Optional: add a splash of Mirin, Japanese cooking wine, for a touch of sweetness.)
Once sausage is fully cooked, remove pan from heat. Add spinach and stir into cooked ingredients. The steam alone will lightly wilt the spinach to the perfect consistency.
More simple and delicious side dish recipes:
- The Perfect Spanish Rice
- 2- Ingredient Ginger Ale Carrots
- Mateo’s Famous Asian Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Latest posts by Stacey aka the Soccer Mom (see all)
- Easy Gingerbread Poke Cake - December 13, 2019
- Is Cricut Worth the Price? Your Questions Answered! - December 11, 2019
- Candy Cane Sugar Cookies - December 10, 2019
Last updated on July 24th, 2019 at 05:13 pm