A simple, wholesome side dish that only requires 4 real food ingredients. We love this sausage & spinach skillet for just about any meal!
Savory Sausage & Spinach Skillet
My husband whipped up this Sausage & Spinach Skillet on the fly today and it was so beautiful that I had to take some photos — look at those vibrant colors!
This is such a simple side dish recipe, yet the end result is bursting with flavor! The best part: you only need four ingredients!
Sautéed Sausage & Spinach Ingredients
- 1 sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1lb mild Italian sausage
- 3 cups chopped baby spinach
Free printable copy of this recipe is available at the bottom of the post, or click here to jump to the recipe.
This Sausage & Spinach Skillet is as delicious as it is beautiful and it’s now a part of our regular rotation. The kids love it too!
**BONUS: You could even serve with a fried egg for a hearty and healthy breakfast option.
How to make our simply delicious sausage & spinach skillet:
Simply Delicious Sausage & Spinach Skillet (Only 4 Ingredients!)
- 1 sweet yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 3 cups baby spinach chopped
- Sauté onions (we use coconut oil) in large skillet on medium heat for about five minutes until they start to caramelize.
- Add bell pepper and continue to sauté until the pepper slices soften.
- Add sausage; use wooden spoon or spatula to chop in pan. (Optional: add a splash of Mirin, Japanese cooking wine, for a touch of sweetness.)
- Once sausage is fully cooked, remove pan from heat. Add spinach and stir into cooked ingredients. The steam alone will lightly wilt the spinach to the perfect consistency.