This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Ocala/Marion County VCB. All opinions are 100% mine.
Inside: A painless 8-week vacation savings plan that will put $1000 in the bank for your trip…fast!
What’s the main thing that holds you back from traveling?
I completely understand!
Sometimes with life’s unexpected challenges, plus just the daily cost of living, travel can seem out of reach.
However, I’ve put together an 8-week vacation savings plan that can put $1000 in the bank towards your trip. It’s easier than you might think!
8-Week Vacation Savings Plan
There are two parts to this vacation savings plan:
- Scaling back
Those words might look like no fun, but I promise I’ve broken them down into a relatively pain-free way to save!
With this 2-step vacation savings plan, you can round up $1000 in only 8-weeks! That’s definitely a nice chunk of change to start planning a weekend vacation! Especially if you chose a location that provides a solid value for your money, like Ocala/Marion County Florida (more on one of my favorite Florida Travel destinations in a bit!)
Step One: Saving Money
There’s really no getting around the fact that you’ll need to set a little money aside if you want to travel.
These are the keys to success that help me get it done:
- Create a separate bank account — Opening a new account for your vacation savings plan keeps this money separate from your general account, so you’re less likely to mix it up. If you get a debit card for this account, leave it at home until it’s time for your trip. This prevents you from giving in to temptation and using your travel fund at home.
- Make a plan and set a goal — If you create a designated vacation savings plan, you’re more likely to stick with the program and accomplish your goal. In fact, studies show that people who set specific savings goals end up saving hundreds of dollars more on average than those who don’t!
Step Two: Scaling Back
Another way to free up money for travel is to repurpose cash that you’d normally spend elsewhere.
Here are two expenses that I cut back on when I want to save money fast:
- Restaurant/Takeout meals — Going out to eat is much more expensive than meal planning and cooking at home. Cutting out only ONE $50 restaurant meal per week will save you $400 in two months. Wow!
- Premium coffee — A frothy barista-made cappuccino is my personal “guilty” pleasure, but it can be pricey! Brewing your own on the 2 days you’d normally hit the coffee shop can save up to $80 in 8 weeks.
If you combine 8-weeks of saving, plus a little bit of scaling back, you’ll have $1000 in the bank for your trip before you know it!
Feel free to grab a free printable copy of my vacation savings plan below:
Get the most out of your vacation budget
Want to make the most of your vacation savings fund? Look for values “off the beaten path” and away from trendy destinations. There are definitely some hidden gems that can save you a lot of money over the markups at some popular resorts.
Ocala/Marion County, Florida is easily accessible in driving distance of most of the Southeast U.S. and offers a wide range of activities and attractions for the whole family. Many of these Ocala/Marion County Activities are very affordable, or even free!
Did you know? Ocala/Marion County is known as the Horse Capital of the World™. Find out more about equestrian-themed activities here.
You don’t have to break the bank to enjoy the wonders of the more than 600 lakes, rivers and springs in the area! And it doesn’t cost anything but time to hit the trails of the Ocala National Forest or the numerous other parks in Ocala/Marion County.
Plus, you’ll be building memories that your kids will remember for a lifetime!
Click here to learn more about Ocala/Marion County Lodging and where to stay on your visit!
FREE Printable Daily Planner
Complete the form to subscribe to our weekly newsletter with inspirational messages for moms, free family-friendly activities, giveaways, special offers, and more! You'll also get a FREE printable daily goal planner as a thank you for subscribing!
Latest posts by Stacey aka the Soccer Mom (see all)
- Study: Dads that Change Diapers have Happier Wives - August 20, 2019
- How to Strengthen Pelvic Floor Muscles After Birth - August 19, 2019
- Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Soy Glaze - August 19, 2019
Last updated on September 30th, 2017 at 10:28 am