What a way to start the day!! These delicious ham, egg and cheese breakfast sliders served warm out of the oven are sure to brighten up any morning!
The BEST Breakfast Sliders
I’m not a morning person, but I will totally get out of bed for a warm breakfast sandwich! It’s one of my favorite breakfasts ever!
Breakfast sliders are a fun weekend treat for the family or overnight guests.
They’re super easy to prep and pop in the oven — ready start to finish in 30 minutes!
Here’s the scoop:
First you take sweet Hawaiian rolls (which are amazing on their own) and layer them with savory ham, scrambled eggs, and cheddar cheese.
Then you add a little butter to keep things moist and pop the whole thing in the oven to bake until the cheese melts, the butter soaks into the bread, and you have the perfect breakfast bite!
These Hawaiian roll breakfast sliders are out-of-this-word tasty and they’re SO easy!
Related: Be sure to try our Hawaiian Roll Cuban Sliders too!
For your convenience, I’ve included shop-able ad links to supplies used to make this recipe; read our disclosure policy here.
What You Need to Make Breakfast Sliders
The beauty of this breakfast sliders recipe is that it is easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients!
- Hawaiian buns
- Deli ham
Kitchen Supplies Used:
How to Make Breakfast Sliders
Keep reading for step-by-step instructions, including lots more drool-inducing photos. I’ve also sprinkled in some of our “secret” family cooking tips to make the perfect breakfast sliders! A free printable copy of the full recipe/ingredients is available at the bottom of post.
Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half, but don’t separate them. That way you have a “sheet” on which to build the layers of your breakfast sliders.
Start by placing an even layer of the ham on top of the bread.
Next, layer scrambled eggs on top of ham.
Layer with cheese slices (cheddar is our favorite!)
Top with the slider buns and then pour melted butter evenly over the sandwiches. This gets the sliders perfectly golden brown on top and super-moist inside!
Cut and serve. Best enjoyed warm.
A Few Tips to Make the Best Ham & Egg Sliders Ever
- For a lighter version of our ham and cheese breakfast sliders, use 1/2 cup melted butter instead of the 1 cup in the original recipe. They’ll still taste amazing!!
- For extra fluffy scrambled eggs, my Granny always says to add a splash of water to your egg “batter” before cooking. Works like a charm!
- We use non-dairy “veggie” cheese on our sliders for the lactose intolerant members of our family (myself included). There are actually some really good melting cheese-alternatives available these days!
- Feel free to substitute your favorite breakfast meat, like sausage.
How Do You Keep Sliders from Getting Soggy?
I’ll be honest, I like my sliders to be a bit on the soft side. However, if you’d like them drier, you can reduce the amount of butter poured on top from 1 cup to 1/2 cup.
Another trick is to bake just the bottom layer of bread for a couple minutes before assembling your sliders. This helps prevent them from absorbing too much butter.
How Do You Keep Sliders Warm for a Party?
Let’s face it…sliders taste way better warm than cold!
If you’re making them slightly ahead of time, you can keep your baked sliders warm by keeping them in the oven on the “warm” setting.
If you just finished baking them, you’ll want to pull the sliders out of the oven while it cools down a bit, or they may overcook. That gives you time to cover the baking dish with foil.
When oven is at the right temperature (170°F), place the dish of sliders back inside until you’re ready to serve.
Get more fun recipes delivered right to your inbox each week!
Sign up for our weekly recipe share newsletter below – it’s free! (And I’ll never spam you…I promise!)
More of our favorite breakfast recipes:
- Paleo Sausage & Egg Breakfast Muffins
- Chocolate Coconut Protein Balls
- Toasted Coconut & Cherry Quinoa Breakfast Cereal
- Quinoa Apple Skillet Cake
- 18 Healthy Breakfasts for Busy Moms
Grab a free printable copy of our easy breakfast sliders recipe:
If you love this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear what you think in the comments below.
- 1 sheet slider buns butter or potato style
- 6 slices ham
- 6 slices cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 - 1 cup melted butter plus 1 Tablespoon for cooking eggs
Prepare your ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the sandwich sheet in half through the middle to create two "slices" of sandwich sheet. (You want the individual buns to stay together).
- Place the bottom half of the sandwich sheet in the casserole dish. Set aside.
- Prepare a frying pan over medium heat with a teaspoon of your choice butter or cooking oil.
- While pan heats, crack eggs into a medium size bowl and whisk until fully blended. Pour into the preheated frying pan and stir constantly, until eggs are thoroughly cooked.
- Remove frying pan from heat and set aside.
Build your breakfast sliders
- Place an even layer of the ham on top of the bread.
- Follow with the eggs, and then the cheese.
- Top with the slider buns and then pour the melted butter evenly over the sandwiches. (For a lighter version, use 1/2 cup butter instead of 1 cup).
- Cover the casserole dish with tinfoil.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes until the butter has completely absorbed into the rolls.
- Cut and serve. Best enjoyed warm.
Pin our Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders on Pinterest:
More of our favorite slider recipes:
Hawaiian Sliders (one of our most popular recipes ever!)