Crispy on the outside and filled with flavor on the inside — these Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos are a treat for the taste-buds! We used an Instant Pot to cook perfectly juicy chicken, then combined it with creamy cheese and ranch seasoning and rolled it all up for a delicious hand-held bite!
Baked Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos
Disclaimer: I’m going to start right out and admit that these aren’t authentic Mexican taquitos. As my husband pointed out, they’re made with flour tortillas instead of the traditional corn tortillas.
That being said, these chicken bacon ranch taquitos are really, really, really good!! Even my husband had to admit it!!
I mean, what’s not to love??
They’ve got tender chicken, melty cheese, and tangy ranch all wrapped up in a perfectly crispy tortilla. Dip ’em in salsa, ranch dressing, or guacamole and they become next-level stuff!!
Seriously, once you try them you’ll see what I mean! Actually, you can see all that melty, cheesy goodness in the photos! Can’t you practically smell them through the computer screen?!
For your convenience I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products used to make this recipe; disclosure policy available here.
What You Need to Make Our Easy Chicken Taquitos
- Ranch seasoning — 1 ounce packet of dry seasoning mix
- Chicken — If using a whole chicken, go for a small-medium bird that’s about 4 pounds. If using chicken breasts, you’ll want at least 2 pounds of meat.
- Lemon — You only need this if you’re cooking a whole chicken, as it will be placed inside the chicken while cooking.
- Canola Oil — For cooking the chicken
- Chicken Stock — You won’t need this if starting from a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken
- Cream cheese — 1 (8 ounce) block, softened
- Bacon — About 6-7 strips, cooked and crumbled
- Monterey jack cheese — Shredded
- Green onions — chopped
- Tortillas — Flour, 6″ size
Kitchen Supplies Used:
How to Make Baked Chicken Taquitos
There are a couple different ways you can do this recipe, depending on how much time you have and your favorite kitchen tools to use!
The baking part is the same for all, but you can prep the chicken a few different ways:
- Cook a whole chicken in the Instant Pot
- Use the Instant Pot to cook chicken breasts only
- Start with a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken
The recipe card at the bottom of the post details how to cook a whole chicken in the Instant Pot, as well as starting with a rotisserie chicken.
Simply prep your meat depending on the type of chicken you’re using, then finish with the taquitos instructions.
Can I use chicken breasts instead of whole chicken?
Sure! If you prefer all white meat or simply have chicken breast on hand, you can use this method to cook chicken breasts in the Instant Pot.
After the chicken is cooked, shred and add to a large mixing bowl. Combine with the rest of the taquito ingredients and finish the recipe as written.
Can you freeze taquitos?
Yes! Your taquitos can be frozen for up to a month if kept in a sealed freezer bag.
If you plan on making ahead and freezing for later, bake the chicken taquitos for 5 minutes instead of 15, and allow them to cool. Store in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container.
To reheat, bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
More of our favorite Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Sweet & Sour Pork
- Instant Pot Angel Food Cake
- Instant Pot Apple Cake
- Instant Pot Godiva Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Apple Butter
Baked Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos Recipe
If you liked this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Baked Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos Recipe
- Instant Pot
- Baking sheet
To Make the Chicken
- 1/2 packet dry ranch seasoning 1 ounce packet
- 1 whole chicken about 4 pounds
- 1 lemon halved
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 6-7 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Green onions chopped
- 16 flour tortillas 6-inch size
- 1/2 packet ranch seasoning the other half of the packet you used to make your chicken
To Cook the Chicken in Instant Pot:
- Remove giblets and excess fat from the chicken cavity.
- Dry chicken thoroughly with paper towels.
- Season the inside and outside of the chicken with ranch seasoning and fill the inside of the chicken with lemon halves.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté on high and coat the bottom of the pan with cooking oil.
- Place chicken in the Instant Pot, breast side down. Cook until golden brown (about 4-5 minutes), then flip and cook for 4-5 additional minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot and set aside.
- Place metal trivet into the Instant Pot.
- Pour chicken stock into the pot and set the chicken back into the pot on top of the trivet.
- Cook using manual on "high" and set the timer for 28 minutes. When finished cooking, use natural release to relieve pressure (about 20-25 minutes).
If Starting with Pre-Cooked Rotisserie Chicken:
- Make sure chicken is cool enough to handle, then remove from bones and shred into small pieces. Place in a large mixing bowl. (If using pre-made rotisserie chicken, you won't need the other ingredients listed to cook the chicken, only the taquito inngredients.)
Making the Taquitos:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones and shred into a large mixing bowl.
- Add softened cream cheese, Monterey jack cheese, bacon, green onions, and ½ packet of ranch seasoning to your bowl of chicken. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon 3 Tablespoons of the chicken mixture onto the middle of a flour tortilla, in a line. Roll and place the taquitos with the seam side down on a prepared baking sheet.
- Spray the taquitos with non-stick baking spray or brush with butter. Sprinkle with salt or ranch seasoning.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F.
Pin Our Chicken Taquitos Recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: