These adorable Rudolph Reindeer Cupcakes are easy to make and will be the star of this year’s Christmas party! So cute!!
Tell me these aren’t the cutest thing you’ve ever seen?!
Those big eyes, the bright red nose, and chocolate antlers! Love!!
The holidays can be hectic, and sometimes we end up trying to throw together a party dessert at the last minute. These Rudolph Cupcakes are sure to wow the crowd, and they are surprisingly easy (and quick) to make!
A box cake shortcut saves TONS of time and ensures that your cupcakes are perfect. Plus, no one will be too worried about what’s inside (or whether it’s made from scratch) when they see the adorable Rudolph on top!
For Halloween this year we made chocolate spiderweb cupcake toppers and they were a hit! These reindeer antlers are made the same way, and are just as cute.
Rudolph Cupcakes Ingredients
The following is a shopping list with links to buy some of the ingredients and supplies used in this reindeer cupcakes recipe; disclosure policy available here.
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix + ingredients on back of box
- 1 package of Ghiradelli milk chocolate melting wafers
- 1 package of black candy melts
- 1 box of M&M’s only using the red ones
- 1 package of large edible candy eyes
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- 1 disposable piping bag
- cupcake pan
- cupcake liners
How to Make Reindeer Cupcakes
First, watch our quick video demo (1-minute) to see how we made our chocolate reindeer cupcakes recipe. Then keep reading for photo step-by-step directions.
Click video to play:
To save time, we used a box mix for our cupcakes.
Pour batter into the cupcake liners, about 3/4 of the way full. (We use an ice cream scoop for for this step because it’s just about exactly the right amount).
Bake according to directions on box. When a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean, you know they’re done.
Allow to cool completely before decorating.
To decorate your reindeer cupcakes:
We made our reindeer antlers while our cupcakes baked, so the chocolate would have time to harden completely.
You can use an edible marker to trace the outline of the antlers on parchment paper, or you can freehand.
Once you’ve created all the antlers, place cookie sheet into fridge for candy to harden.
When your antlers are ready, melt the milk chocolate wafers and dip the top of your cupcakes in the chocolate. This will be the frosting, but it will also hold your reindeer faces in place.
Allow cupcakes to set for about 2 minutes before putting on the reindeer faces:
- Gently press a red M&M into the center on the cupcake for the reindeers nose
- Place two large edible eyes above the nose
- Using a knife, make two indentions into the cupcakes where the antlers go (about 1/2″ deep)
- Carefully peel off the antlers from the wax paper and slide into the indentions
A free printable recipe card is available at the bottom of the post, with detailed instructions and recipe video.
More Christmas Recipes
- Christmas Puppy Chow
- Christmas Tree Oreos
- Kid-Made Mini Gingerbread House Cakes
- Oreo Gingerbread Truffles
- Rudolph Cupcakes
- Copycat Starbuck Cranberry Bliss Bread
- Grinch Jello Shots
- Heavenly Hot Cocoa Cookies
Be sure to pin our Rudolph Cupcakes on Pinterest:
Get more holiday recipes delivered right to your inbox each week!
Sign up for our weekly recipe share newsletter below – it’s fun and free!
Every week or so, I’ll send a collection of some of my favorite recipes or NEW additions to the blog right to your inbox!
Make Cooking Fun (and Easy!)
Easy Reindeer Cupcakes Recipe (Printable Copy):
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Quirky cute Rudolph Cupcakes are easy to make and will be the star of this year's Christmas party!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix plus ingredients listed on box
- 1 package Ghiradelli milk chocolate melting wafers
- 1 package black candy melts
- 1 box M&M's using only the red ones
- 1 package large edible candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare cupcake pan. (We love these reusable non-stick silicon baking cups!)
- Prepare cake mix according to directions on the back of the box.
- Pour batter into the cupcake liners, about 3/4 of the way full. (We use an ice cream scoop for for this step because it's just about exactly the right amount).
- Bake for about 21 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Prepare a cookie sheet by covering it with parchment paper. On the parchment paper, use an edible marker to draw the outline of 24 antlers.
- Melt the black candy melts using a double boiler. (You can also melt in the microwave, but be sure to use a microwave safe bowl and only heat in 15 second increments, stirring until smooth).
- Pour melted black candy into a piping bag and use to fill in the antler outlines you drew. (Note: If you don't have an edible marker at home, you can totally freehand your antlers too. Tracing an outline simply helps keep them the right size.)
- Once you've created all the antlers, place cookie sheet into fridge for candy to harden.
- Repeat the melting process with milk chocolate wafers. Dip the top of each cupcake into the melted chocolate. Carefully shake off excess chocolate and set cupcakes upright.
- Allow cupcakes to set for about 2 minutes before putting on the reindeer faces.
- Gently press a red M&M into the center on the cupcake for the reindeers nose.
- Place two large edible eyes above the nose.
- Using a knife, make two indentions into the cupcakes where the antlers go (about 1/2" deep).
- Carefully peel off the antlers from the wax paper and slide into the indentions.
Note: Nutrition information is a rough estimate only; actual values will vary based on the exact ingredients used and amount of recipe prepared.
More of our favorite Christmas party desserts:
Last updated on November 4th, 2019 at 11:55 am