Cute and easy Christmas reindeer rice krispie treats are easy to make and kids will love them! All you need are a few simple store-bought ingredients to get started!
Rice Krispie Reindeer
What could be better than a holiday treat and a fun family activity all wrapped into one? These adorable Reindeer Rice Krispies Treats are so much fun to make, and they use ingredients right off the grocery store shelves! Kids will love decorating their little reindeer treats as the chocolate cools!
A couple years ago we made Reindeer Cupcakes and they turned out so cute! These are similar, but even easier because we used all store-bought ingredients!
Now, I love a good homemade dessert, but by using pre-made items, we save prep time and get right to the fun part…decorating! And if you’re a parent (or grandparent, auntie, etc.) then you know that kids want to get right to the fun stuff!
Related: Check out our Reese’s Cup Rudolph Treats too!
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe, I’ve included shop-able links to some of the supplies and kitchen tools used to make them. Disclosure policy available here.
- Rice Krispies Treats – One box of 12 treats, unwrapped
- Milk chocolate melting wafers — We used about 3-4 cups worth.
- Wilton Reindeer Cupcake Decorating Kit — This handy kit comes with everything you need to make edible reindeer designs. There is enough to make 12 treats.
Kitchen Supplies Used
Melt the chocolate using a double boiler or a microwave safe bowl. If microwaving, stop to stir every 20 sends or so and handle the bowl with care as it may become hot too.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, wax paper, or a silicone baking mat.
Dip each rice krispie treat in melted chocolate and turn with a fork until fully coated. We find that chopsticks also work really well for this step!
Allow excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl or pan, then place the treats on your cookie sheet.
While the chocolate is still wet, decorate your reindeer using the decorating kit, or with other kitchen items suggested below. Have fun with it!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Else Can You Use To Decorate?
This Wilton Reindeer Decorating Kit is amazing because it contains everything you need to create cute little reindeer treats! It contains:
- Edible eyeballs
- Candy noses
- Candy antlers
- Edible bow tie
However, if you want to get started right away with what you have on hand at home, here are some suggestions:
- Pretzels for the antlers
- Brown M&Ms for the nose
- Candy eyeballs for the eyes OR you can draw them with melted white chocolate
Can you use Homemade Rice Krispie Treats?
Sure! We used store-bought Rice Krispies Treats because they are already done and saves a lot of time. They are also very tightly-packed and tend to hold their shape better than the homemade kind.
However, if you’d like to make your own, I highly recommend our Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats recipe because they are so delicious and decadent!
More of our favorite Christmas desserts:
- Christmas Puppy Chow
- Christmas Wreath Cupcakes
- Christmas Tree Oreos
- Mini Santa Belly Cakes
- Kid-Made Mini Gingerbread House Cakes
- Oreo Gingerbread Truffles
- Rudolph Cupcakes
- Copycat Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bread
- Grinch Jello Shots
- Red Velvet Pound Cake
- Peppermint Brownie Truffles
- Starbucks Inspired Cranberry Bliss Bread
Rice Krispie Treat Reindeer Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you like this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Easy Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 box Rice Krispies Treats unwrapped
- 4 cups Ghirardelli milk chocolate melting wafers
- 1 Wilton Reindeer Icing decorating kit
- Melt both bags of chocolate using a double boiler.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper or a non-stick silicone mat.
- Dip each rice krispie treat into the melted chocolate and flip with a fork until completely coated with chocolate.
- Allow excess chocolate to drip back into the pan, then place the treats on the cookie sheet.
- While chocolate coating is still wet, use the decorating kit to create your reindeer faces.
Pin our Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: