Rich fudge brownies coated in milk chocolate and crushed candy canes, these peppermint brownie truffles are the ultimate holiday indulgence!
Candy Cane Brownie Bombs
One of my favorite things about holiday season is that you can find peppermint bark in stores! Chocolate and peppermint are one of my favorite flavor combos!
These peppermint brownie truffles (or brownie bombs as I like to call them) taste just like rich peppermint bark or a decadent peppermint mocha — in brownie form. Soooooo delicious!
What are brownie truffles?
Brownie truffles are similar to cake pops, except you make them with brownie mix instead of cake mix.
First you bake a batch of fudge brownies, then you mix ’em up with chocolate frosting to form balls. And then you dip them in melted chocolate!
Finally, we finished off our peppermint brownie truffles with a dusting of crushed peppermints.
It’s the perfect holiday treat! Easy to make, travels well, and there will be no leftovers!
I’ve provided this quick list of shop-able ingredients for your convenience; disclosure policy here.
Peppermint Brownie Ingredients
I love this brownie truffle recipe because it only requires a few simple ingredients! (Full ingredient amount listed in printable recipe at the bottom of the post).
- 1 box brownie mix + ingredients on back of box
- 1 container of chocolate frosting
- 1 8oz bag of Ghiradelli melting chocolate
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
Kitchen Supplies Used
- 9×13″ baking pan
- Microwave safe mixing bowls
- Cookie sheet
- Non-stick silicone baking mat — we use these reusable baking mats in almost all of our recipes! They are washable so you can use them again and again and you don’t need cooking spray.
- Medium cookie scooper — this handy gadget helps create more uniform cookie sizes for more even baking.
How to Make Brownie Truffles
Preheat oven to 350°F and coat a 9×13″ baking pan with non-stick spray.
Prepare brownie batter according to package directions and pour into your baking pan.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Once cooled, scoop brownies into a large mixing bowl and use your hands to crumble them into smaller pieces.
Scoop 1/2 cup chocolate frosting into the bowl of brownies and mix together using a large spoon or spatula. If needed, finish mixing by hands until you have a thick dough-like consistency.
Add 1/4 cup crushed candy canes to batter and mix until evenly distributed.
TIP: To crush candy canes, place them in a freezer ziplock bag, seal it, and crush with a wooden rolling pin. The bag keeps peppermint pieces from flying all over the place.
Using a cookie scooper, portion out dough and roll into balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or non-stick silicone baking mat.
Heat chocolate chips or wafers in a microwave safe bowl, in 20 second increments. Stir in between heatings, until chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
One by one, dip brownie balls into melted chocolate and roll to coat them completely. Carefully place brownie balls back on the cookie sheet.
While chocolate coating is still wet, sprinkle the top of brownies balls with remaining crushed peppermints.
Allow coating to set before serving or storing.
More of our favorite Christmas dessert recipes:
- Christmas Wreath Cupcakes
- Christmas Tree Oreos
- Mini Santa Belly Cakes
- White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Kid-Made Mini Gingerbread House Cakes
- Oreo Gingerbread Truffles
- Rudolph Cupcakes
- Copycat Starbuck Cranberry Bliss Bread
- Christmas Puppy Chow
- Peppermint Bark Popcorn
Peppermint Brownie Truffle Recipe (Printable Copy)
Peppermint Brownie Truffles
- 1 box brownie mix + ingredients on back of box
- 1/2 cup chocolate frosting
- 8 oz Ghiradelli melting chocolate
- 1 cup candy canes crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F and coat a 9x13" baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Prepare brownie batter according to directions on box and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, scoop brownies into a large mixing bowl and use your hands to crumble them into smaller pieces.
- Scoop chocolate frosting into the bowl of brownies and mix together until you have a thick dough-like consistency.
- Mix in 1/4 cup of finely crushed candy canes.
- Using a cookie scooper, portion out dough and roll into balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Heat chocolate chips or wafers in a microwave safe bowl, in 20 second increments. Stir in between heatings, until chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- Dip brownie balls into melted chocolate and roll to coat them completely. Place brownie balls back on the cookie sheet.
- While chocolate coating is still wet, sprinkle the top of brownies balls with remaining crushed peppermints.
- Allow coating to set before serving or storing.
Pin Our Candy Cane Brownies on Pinterest
More of our favorite peppermint recipes: