This Peppermint Bark Popcorn recipe is the perfect sweet and salty treat for holiday parties or snacking while watching your favorite Christmas movies!
Peppermint Bark Popcorn
One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is eating peppermint bark candy. Not gonna lie…I do a little happy dance the first time I see Ghirardelli peppermint bark squares hit the shelves!
This peppermint bark popcorn is inspired by my favorite Christmas candy. It is the perfect combination of sweet and salty!
Anytime my husband and I go to the movies, we always pour some M&Ms into our bag of popcorn because chocolate and popcorn taste so good together!
This almond bark peppermint popcorn takes the whole chocolate popcorn thing to the next level. It’s SO good!! And easy to make!
Here’s the breakdown: fluffy, buttery popcorn drizzled with rich chocolate almond bark and creamy melted peppermint chips and finished with a dusting of crunchy crushed candy canes. Sounds heavenly right??
So let’s get to it!!
What is Almond Bark?
Chocolate Almond Bark is a type of melting chocolate that is often used in recipes that require melting chocolate because it is easy to work with. It commonly comes in regular chocolate and white chocolate almond bark varieties and is typically found on the baking aisle.
Despite the name, chocolate almond bark has nothing to do with almonds and does not contain almonds. I’m not actually sure how it got the name!
Affiliate links provided for your convenience in re-creating this recipe; read disclosure policyhere.
What You Need to Make Peppermint Bark Popcorn:
- 6 cups popcorn, popped
- 1 cup chocolate almond bark or chocolate chips
- 1 cup peppermint chips
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup crushed peppermint pieces
Kitchen Tools Used:
How to Make Peppermint Bark Popcorn:
First, prep a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick silicone baking mat (one of my personal favorite kitchen tools!)
Spread already popped (and cooled) popcorn evenly to cover the entire surface of the cookies sheet.
Melt your chocolate almond bark in 20-25 second increments in the microwave – be sure to use a microwave safe bowl and handle carefully! Stir in-between heatings, until melted and smooth.
Repeat with the peppermint baking pieces so that both and melted and pourable.
Drizzle first the melted chocolate over the popcorn, then the melted peppermint candy.
While chocolate is still wet, sprinkle popcorn with crushed candy canes or peppermints.
Give your candy cane popcorn 30 minutes or so to set before enjoying or packaging. It makes an excellent gift idea!
Grab a free printable copy of our Peppermint Bark Popcorn Recipe:
If you like this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Peppermint Bark Popcorn
- 6 Cups Popcorn popped
- 1 Cup Chocolate Almond Bark or chocolate chips
- 1 Cup Peppermint Chips
- 1/2 Cup Peppermint Pieces crushed
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Spread the popcorn in an even layer on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Melt chocolate almond bark or chocolate chups in 25 second bursts in the microwave, stirring between each increment until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn.
- Repeat melting and drizzling steps with peppermint chips.
- While chocolate is still wet, sprinkle with crushed peppermints.
- Let set/dry for 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving or packaging.
Pin this Peppermint Candy Cane Popcorn on Pinterest:
You might also like:
- When You’re Sleep Deprived Mama, Remember This - January 14, 2021
- How to Start Making Money Blogging (Even as a Beginner) - January 13, 2021
- Healthy Barbecue Chicken Pizza with Sweet Potato Crust - January 9, 2021