Don’t let financial stress run your life! These 5 simple steps will help you stop worrying about money and take control of your family finances! Sponsored by Regions Bank.
“If you stop thinking about money so much, that’s when the money comes.” — spoken by my husband, who is not the money person in our house.
That particular household responsibility falls on me, both by choice, and by practicality. Growing up, my dad taught me how to save money, stay out of debt, and pay my taxes.
However, my husband’s advice is surprisingly on-point.
Whenever I spend a lot of time worrying about money, it never seems like we have enough. By contrast, when I take a step back and relax (while of course still handling our bills and obligations in a timely manner), we usually seem to have enough to meet our needs.
But it’s easier said than done not to think about money!
How to Stop Worrying About Money
These are the five things that have helped me to stop worrying about money and take better control of our family finances.
1. Find the Right People to Help You Achieve Your Financial Goals
One of the best ways to stop worrying about money is to let other people do it for you! Finding the right professionals that can help you meet your goals will do wonders for relieving some of that money stress.
Many of us simply use the bank as a place to store money. However, a good banker can do so much more for you!
Regions Bank is known for its award-winning customer service, offering far beyond the banking standard, like guiding you through investment and lending options.
Regions Bank recently expanded into Houston with 5 new area locations opening in 2018. Now Houston communities can enjoy the full-service experience and convenience that is the signature of Regions Bank.
To prepare for a meeting with your banker, try these tips from Britney Cline, a Regions Branch Manager:
- Create a list of your accounts and balances, current loans and rates, insurance coverage, retirement and other investments, so your banker will have an idea of where you currently stand financially.
- Be ready to talk about your goals, budget, and financial concerns.
- Write down specific questions you have so you won’t forget them.
2. Spend Less Time Worrying About Money – Because You’ve Got a Plan
I’ll admit that I’m guilty of spending way more time thinking about money than I should —
- Do we have enough?
- When are our bills due?
- Is there money in the bank for taxes?
- How can we bring in more income?
It definitely gets overwhelming!
While money is an unavoidable part of modern life, and paying bills is something we must think about sometimes, it shouldn’t dominate our day-to-day existence.
When I find that I’m fixating too much on money stuff, I’ll make a point to stop, take a break, and come back to whatever I was working on later.
Even just a short pause is enough to drastically reduce my stress level and allow me to find a new perspective on things.
Allowing the pros to help you create a plan can also take a load off your own shoulders and put your mind at ease.
Regions bankers are there to help you with a personalized spending/savings plan so you have all the information you need to confidently and effectively manage your money.
3. Diversify Your Income
Sometimes a little extra cash coming in is just enough to take some of the pressure off your monthly budget.
The good news is that you don’t have to pick up a second full-time job or work a pyramid scheme to do it!
When I left my previous career after the birth of our second daughter, it was a scary moment. Doing so cut our family income in half!
However, I found ways to make extra money at home while I figured out what to do next. That, combined with intentional budgeting, kept our family out of debt even in a financially tight time.
4. Create a Budget
You might think that you’re budgeting already, but do you really know where all of your money goes each month?
Those morning coffee runs might only cost a few bucks a pop, but they add up over the course of a month! Are they included on your budget?
When I quit my last job, I thought that my husband and I had a pretty good handle on the family finances already. Then I sat down and added up ALL of our expenditures.
Boy, was our budget lacking! We spent WAY more than I thought on food — and that was just the beginning!
As painful as it was to actually see all the money we’d been spending without paying attention, it was a game-changer to create a detailed, itemized budget that set us up for future success.
With innovative tools from Regions Bank, creating a successful family budget couldn’t be easier!
My GreenInsights online banking from Regions Bank makes it easy to track and manage your finances, all in one place. You can view all accounts (even those held at other financial institutions), set spending targets and goals, and identify ways to save. It’s an easy and secure way to set yourself up for budget success!
5. Take Advantage of Technology
Technology allows you to better manage your money anytime, anywhere — and Regions Bank is leading the way!
All new Regions Bank branches offer the following advanced features and services:
- Regions’ Video Banking ATMs — These live two-way video systems connect customers with a Regions Video Banker to process most teller transactions. They’re available during extended hours on weekdays as well as on weekends and most holidays.
- DepositSmart ATMs® — Customers will have access to Regions’ DepositSmart ATMs, which can accept deposits and cash checks for customers at any time, day or night.
- Facial & Fingerprint Recognition — Safe deposit boxes at Regions Bank are designed with enhanced security features to protect your valuables and improve efficiency.
- Regions Virtual Concierge — Regions’ expert team of Virtual Concierge Bankers are able to help with any question, from anywhere. They can talk customers through everything from Online Banking to Remote Check Deposits, as well as advise and guide customers on both short and long-term financial planning. Customers can also use email, chat, phone and LinkedIn, providing even more options and flexibility to bank when and where you want.
The industry-leading technology offered at Regions Bank is perfect for busy moms and families — saving time so you can do things you’d rather do (and stop worrying about money stuff as much!)
Regions Bank NEW Houston Branch Locations
Regions Bank is opening 5 new Houston-area locations in 2018:
15702 Kingfield Dr
Houston, TX 77084
Branch Opening April. 23, 2018
25010 FM 1093
Katy, Texas 77494
Branch Opening April. 30, 2018
2819 Riley Fuzzell Rd
Spring, Texas 77386
Branch Opening May 7, 2018
11415 Barker Cypress Rd
Branch Opening May. 21, 2018; Grand Opening Event June 23, 2018
9702 Gaston Rd
Branch Opening July. 2, 2018; Grand Opening Event August 4, 2018