This “Mom Time Out” and Watermelon Mint Limeade recipe are part of a shop that has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. However, all opinions are mine alone. #MySoundStyle #CollectiveBias
Music is a big part of our family life and I’ve shared how I use music with the kids to help them wake up easier in the morning or to make chores fun. However, I haven’t talked much about my sound style yet!
I might not be exactly what you would call “musically talented” (at all!) but that doesn’t stop me from singing or dancing or using music to boost my mood too! According to the What’s Your Sound Style Quiz by Infinity, I am a “Sonic Sophisticate,” and I have the best playlist around. Yep, sounds about right!
I love love love being a mom, but sometimes you have to take a “mom time-out” to relax and recharge. For me, this time is in the afternoon while Annabelle naps or in the evening when the girls are in bed. I’ll put on some of my favorite tunes, kick up my heels, and treat myself to something sweet.
I’m such a fan of my Harman Infinity One speaker — it features Bluetooth connectivity, so once I’m comfortable I don’t have to get up to change the tunes. I also love the sleek design that can fit in discretely just about anywhere or be the centerpiece of a room.
It’s still hot in Texas, and the watermelons are beautiful this time of year, so lately I’ve been enjoying a simple, refreshing, and all-natural Watermelon Mint Limeade that my husband makes. Smooth jams and a delicious drink in hand equals a happy mom!
Here’s the recipe for Watermelon Mint Limeade for your next “Mom Time Out”:
- 1 medium watermelon
- 2 cups fresh lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package fresh mint leaves 1oz
- First, make the mint simple syrup: Combine 2 cups water, 1 cup sugar, and mint leaves in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir until sugar has dissolved. Once sugar has completely dissolved, remove from heat and allow mint to steep for 1 hour. Remove mint.
- Next, cut the watermelon into small pieces which can fit in a food processor. (Remove and discard the rind). Process all the watermelon until it is a smoothie-like consistency. Strain into a pitcher. (Depending on the size of the watermelon, this could take a couple batches).
- Finally, add 2 cups lime juice and mint simple syrup to watermelon juice and stir well. Serve over ice.
Of course, everyone in the family loves our new Harman Infinity One speaker and I am more than happy to share. It’s portable so we can take our dance parties anywhere, even outside!
Everything about the Harman Infinity One speaker is convenient– you can order online and have it shipped directly to you. Open the box, turn it on, and you’re ready to jam! It’s super user-friendly and we had our Infinity One playing music about two minutes after we received it.
I’ve shared My Sound Style and my recipe for the perfect “Mom Time Out!” What’s your sound style? Take the quiz and find out — I’d love to hear what you got!
FREE Printable Daily Planner
Complete the form to subscribe to our weekly newsletter with inspirational messages for moms, free family-friendly activities, giveaways, special offers, and more! You'll also get a FREE printable daily goal planner as a thank you for subscribing!
Latest posts by Stacey aka the Soccer Mom (see all)
- “Hocus Pocus” Halloween Cookies – Filled w/ Green Witches Brew Frosting - September 21, 2019
- 3 Halloween Sensory Bottles (Easy 5 Minute Kids Crafts) - September 20, 2019
- Easy Halloween Pudding Cups - September 18, 2019
Last updated on July 21st, 2018 at 05:13 pm