These delicious Snickerdoodle Chickpea Blondies are a sneakily healthy treat because they just taste so darn good! Rich and chewy with tons of sweet, spicy cinnamon – plus they’re gluten and dairy free too!
Snickerdoodle Chickpea Blondie Bars
Yes, I may be a major chocoholic, but I am crazy for cinnamon too!
I love to go to the spice store and pick out specialty cinnamons — the stronger the better! I love putting cinnamon in my oatmeal and I love love love cinnamon flavored snickerdoodle cookies!
These Snickerdoodle Chickpea Blondies are so rich and chewy and loaded with cinnamon. Just the way I like ’em!
Oh and kids love them too! Chickpea blondies make an awesome healthy dessert swap — they are so tasty that no one will know they’re healthy (unless you tell them!)
Related: Want to try the real thing? Check out our Classic Snickerdoodle Cookie recipe!
If you are looking to give your next dessert a little boost of protein, chickpeas are the way to go! Chickpeas are a wonderful source of protein and fiber — a magical combination that helps slow digestion and keep you feeling full longer.
Other health benefits of chickpeas include:
- Good source of vitamins and minerals
- High folate (so they’re great for expecting mamas!)
- Low caloric density, which is why they make the perfect healthy baking ingredient
- Help maintain blood sugar levels
This sneaky snickerdoodle chickpea cookie bar recipe is great for picky eaters who are looking for a sweet treat! These cookie bars have the delicious cinnamon taste of a snickerdoodle but in a cookie bar form!
Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies Ingredients
This is a quick shopping list for your convenience – I’ve added clickable ingredient and supply links where possible. Read our disclosure policy here.
- 1 14 oz can Chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and shelled
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
For the topping:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
Kitchen Tools Used:
- 8″ square pan
- Food processor (The Hamilton Beach “Big Mouth” has lasted us years! It’s awesome!)
- Non slip mixing bowls
How to make Snickerdoodle Chickpea Cookie Bars
Preheat oven to 375°F and line an 8″ square pan with foil.
Using a blender or food processor, process chickpeas until smooth, then add eggs vanilla and oil. Continue blending until batter is smooth.
In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to chickpea blondies batter and blend.
Pour chickpea mixture into the pan.
In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Sprinkle over the top of your chickpea blondies until well coated.
Bake for 40 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting.
Snickerdoodle Chickpea Blondies Recipe (Printable Copy):
If you like this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Snickerdoodle Chickpea Blondies (Flourless)
Snickerdoodle Chickpea Cookie Bars
- 14 oz Chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and shelled One can is typically 14 oz
- 3 Eggs Large eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil Melted
- 1 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line an 8x8" pan with foil.
- In a blender or food processor, process chickpeas until smooth.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and oil, and blend until smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to the chickpea batter.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the topping.
- Pour chickpea batter into pan and smooth if needed. Top with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
Pin this Snickerdoodle Chickpea Cookie Bars recipe on Pinterest: