These giant bakery-style chewy pecan toffee cookies are such a decadent treat…you’d never guess they’re actually gluten free!
Every year for Christmas, my husband and I make our family and friends each a box of homemade cookies. This year we kept it simple with two favorites from last year, plus the addition of these gorgeous Pecan Toffee Cookies.
Food gifts are one of our favorite ways to show our extended family and friends we love them, without breaking the bank. Read more tips to have an awesome Christmas on a budget here. I think everyone has come to expect cookies from us each year!
Full printable recipe instructions available at end of post. Click here to jump directly to recipe.
Bakery Style Pecan Toffee Cookies
Last year our family raved about our Potato Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies, which are the unexpectedly perfect combination of sweet and salty. So of course we had to include them in this year’s box too!
We also made chocolate covered peanut butter Ritz crackers, one of our long-time family favorites (my Granny made them every year at Christmas-time). This is an easy recipe that my girls like to help with – we make these throughout the year and decorate for each holiday (spiderwebs for Halloween, red & green sprinkles for Christmas, etc).
The new addition to our gift tins this year were these chewy Pecan Toffee Cookies, and they were an instant hit! In fact, I think they claimed the top spot as the new favorite cookie!
The cookie is a rich, chewy gluten free recipe (similar to what we did for our potato chip cookies), but with brown sugar only (instead of a mix) for extra depth of flavor. Then we topped them with crunchy pecans, caramel chips, and Heath milk chocolate toffee bits – because everything is better with a little chocolate!
I love how they turn out just like big, bakery style cookies! You know, those ones that are almost as big as your face:
PS- Our Pecan Toffee Cookies are gluten free and lactose free, so they don’t fill you up like regular cookies! But they taste so amazing that no one will ever know the secret if you don’t tell them!
Gluten Free Pecan Toffee Cookies Ingredients
The following is a quick list with clickable shopping links for your convenience (where possible). Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable recipe below this list. We may receive a small commission when you purchase through these links, at no extra cost to you – read our disclosure policy here.
- Brown rice flour
- Brown sugar
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract
- Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits
- Sea salt caramel chips
- Chopped Pecans
- Cookie sheet
- Reusable non-stick silicone baking mat
- Stand mixer
- Non-slip mixing bowls
Full printable copy of this Gluten Free Pecan Toffee Cookies recipe available below photos.
Grab a free printable copy of our Bakery Style Pecan Toffee Cookies:
Bakery Style Gluten Free Pecan Toffee Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Heath milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup sea salt caramel chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe mixing bowl. Add brown sugar and salt to melted butter and whisk together.
- Add 1 egg, 1 egg yolk, and vanilla to your butter/sugar paste. Beat together using a stand mixer or hand mixer on medium speed for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add brown rice flour slowly to batter, mixing as you add, until fully incorporated.
- Scoop about 1 Tablespoon of dough per cookie onto a prepared cookie sheet. Do not press dough down.
- Bake at 350°F for 6 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine chopped pecans, toffee bits, and caramel chips.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven, sprinkle toffee/pecan mixture on top of each cookie.
- Return cookies to oven and bake for 6 additional minutes.
Pin these Gluten Free Pecan Toffee Cookies on Pinterest:
More of our favorite Gluten Free Cookie Recipes
Love our Gluten Free Toffee Nut Cookies? Then be sure to try more of our favorite gluten free cookie recipes below! These are some of our most popular dessert recipes period…healthy or not…but they’re even better when they’re healthy right?
p style=”text-align: center;”>Chocolate Avocado Pumpkin Cookies (Flourless)