Tangy ranch, light parmesan cheese, and crisp bacon make these Ranch & Parmesan Green Beans the best side dish you’ll have this year! This quick veggie recipe is perfect as a Thanksgiving side dish or accompaniment for an easy weeknight dinner. It only takes 20 minutes and you only need 5 simple ingredients!
Bacon Ranch Green Beans
Green bean casserole was always a staple at Thanksgiving dinner when I was growing up. You know, the kind that’s made with cream of mushroom soup, cheese, and lots of bread crumbs on top.
As a kid I loved rich comfort foods — but as an adult I actually like to taste my veggies!
My husband prefers his veggies a little simpler too, so these baked parmesan green beans are more his style. They’re also the perfect lighter alternative to green bean casserole! Light on calories that is…definitely not light on flavor!
The other awesome thing about this dish is that it only takes about 20 minutes to make. It doesn’t monopolize the oven all day — leaving valuable oven space for the roast turkey and other Thanksgiving side dishes.
Related: For another easy Thanksgiving side dish, try our slow cooker mashed potatoes too!
Y’all think I’m kidding about how flavorful these green beans are, but my friend Jennifer calls them crack green beans! They are THAT good!
Once you’ve tried green beans with ranch seasoning you’ll see what all the fuss is about!
What You Need to Make Ranch Green Beans
Only 5 ingredients! Whoohooo! Affiliate links provided for your convenience in re-creating this recipe; our disclosure policy is available here.
- Green beans — stems removed and blanched
- Olive oil — or your favorite cooking oil
- Parmesan cheese — shredded
- Ranch seasoning — If using 1oz packets, 1-2 should be plenty. You can also make your own with our copycat Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning recipe!
- Bacon — cooked and crumbled
Kitchen Tools Used
- Large saucepan
- 9×13″ baking pan — This one comes with a handy snap-on lid!
What is Blanching?
Blanching is essentially a quick pre-cook of your green beans. You can also do this with other green veggies such as broccoli.
Basically, you’re just dunking the green beans in salted, boiling water for a couple minutes. You’re not actually cooking them all the way.
What this does is to soften the cell walls of the green beans, remove impurities, and turns them a bright green color.
That way when we finish roasting the green beans in the oven, they’ll have the perfect color, texture, and taste. Once you start blanching green beans, you’ll never go back!
How to Cook Parmesan Green Beans in the Oven
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
While the oven pre-heats, prep your green beans by snipping off any stems (you don’t need to trim the other end of the beans). Blanch the green beans for 2-3 minutes in a pot of boiling, salted water. (One or two Tablespoons of salt should be plenty for a large saucepan).
Drain and rinse the green beans, then place them in a 9″ x 16″ baking dish.
Toss the green beans in olive oil and ranch seasoning, then arrange so that they are mostly flat on the baking pan.
Sprinkle the cheese and bacon on top.
Bake for 5-8 minutes, or until the cheese is just melted.
Best enjoyed immediately.
How to Make Your Own Ranch Seasoning
Making your own spice mixes is easy and thrifty! Here are a couple of our favorites that would be delicious for this recipe:
Of course if you’re looking to save time you can absolutely use a store-bought ranch seasoning! Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning or something similar is always a classic!
Parmesan Green Bean Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you like this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Parmesan Green Beans with Ranch & Bacon
- 4 cups green beans
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil optional
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 2 strips bacon cooked
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bring a salted pot of water to boil. (1-2 Tablespoons of salt should be plenty for a large saucepan).
- Add green beans to the boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- Place green beans in a rectangle baking pan with olive oil and ranch seasoning. Toss to coat all the green beans in seasoning.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and bacon on top, so that it is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
Pin our roasted green beans with parmesan on Pinterest:
You might also like:
- Why We Take Our Shoes Off In The House - March 27, 2023
- Cowboy Caviar - March 24, 2023
- Bunny Bait - March 22, 2023
Leave a Reply