These vibrant Frozen Blood Orange Margaritas are one of the most beautiful cocktails ever!
Blood Orange Frozen Margarita Slush
In my “past life” (aka pre-kids) I worked as a bartender. Tequila was my drink of choice, so I’ve tried my share of margaritas.
But this might be the most beautiful margarita I’ve ever seen!
Blood oranges give this summer cocktail an orange hue so bright that you almost wonder how it’s even possible! Not too sweet, not too sour, but just right – these frozen blood orange margaritas are a refreshing drink that is sure to please even the most discerning palates.
What’s the Different Between Blood Oranges and Regular Oranges?
Blood oranges are so-called due to the rich reddish color of their flesh. Taste-wise, they are a little tarter than regular oranges, but not quite so sour as a grapefruit. Incorporating blood oranges is fun way to switch up the “usual” citrus flavors in recipes and add a gorgeous depth of color!
Fun fact: Blood oranges get their color from the presence of the antioxidant known as “anthocyanin,” which also gives blueberries and raspberries their dark colors.
How to Make Frozen Blood Orange Margaritas
A free printable copy of this Frozen Blood Orange Margarita recipe is available at the bottom of the post.
Frozen margaritas are one of the easiest cocktails to make because you simply combine all ingredients in a blender, sit back, and enjoy the results!
Bartender’s Pro Tips
- I recommend using fresh-squeezed blood oranges if you have them available, but canned or bottled juice will do in a pinch.
2. If you aren’t able to find Orange Cream Pop Vodka (made by Svedka), you can substitute 1/2 vanilla vodka and 1/2 orange vodka
- The original recipe calls for Grand Marnier, but if needed you can use any orange liqueur that you have on hand.
- For an extra kick, try coating the rim of your glasses with our festive Citrus Sugar (click here for recipe).
- Double the recipe to make a pitcher’s worth of our Frozen Blood Orange Margaritas.
- Always enjoy responsibly – 21+ only!
- Banana Rum Punch
- Strawberry Frosé Frozen Slush
- Pink Panties Frozen Cocktail
- Texas Sweet Tea Sangria
- Purple Maleficent Cocktail
Grab a free printable copy of our Blood Orange Frozen Margarita recipe:
If you love this recipe, rate it!
Frozen Blood Orange Margaritas
- 1 ounce Gold tequila
- 1 ounce Orange Cream Pop Vodka
- 2 ounces Blood orange juice
- 1 1/2 ounces Grand Marnier or orange liqueur
- 2 dashes Angostura Orange Bitters
- 2 orange Creamsicles
- 1 1/2 cup ice
- Powdered sugar
- Mint sprigs
- Rim margarita glasses with coarse salt and powdered sugar.
- Into a blender add tequila, Grand Marnier, fresh blood orange juice, orange bitters, orange creamsicles, and ice.
- Close the lid and pulse until the ingredients become a smooth slush.
- Pour into two margarita glasses with salt and powdered sugar on the rims.
- Garnish with a fresh sprig of mint.
Want more margarita recipe inspiration?
Check out our collection of 30+ Most Beautiful Margarita Recipes – they’re guaranteed to wow your party guests!