Celebrate Memorial Day or the 4th of July in style with these fun and festive Red White & Blue Electric Lemonade Cocktails! A fabulous sharable drink that’s sure to liven up the party!
Summer is on the way, and it’s looking like we’ll be able to celebrate a little bit more like “normal.” I don’t know about you, but I’m so thrilled to be able to get together with my family and close friends again this year!
The Fourth of July is one of my favorite summer occasions — I just love the bright patriotic decorations and making colorful recipes and desserts. I may or may not also dress up in America gear…I tend to go all out!
If you’re looking for a fun patriotic cocktail to celebrate, you’ve got to try this electric berry lemonade recipe!
It’s just a few simple ingredients and it’s absolutely delicious! Whether you like sweet, sour, or strong…well…it’s all three of those things!
This show-stopping grown-up drink is perfect for parties, Memorial Day, Flag Day, Labor Day, or July 4th. The sweet berry flavors from the Smirnoff pair so perfectly with the ocean blue lemonade, and as you drink, the Seagram’s Escape refills your glass. It’s kind of like those margaritas where they put a beer upside down in them…except this drink actually tastes good!!
What is an Electric Lemonade?
Electric lemonade is a vodka based cocktail that’s sweet, but not too sweet. Just like lemonade!
While you can customize (as we did) with flavored vodka and mix-ins, at its core, an electric lemonade contains:
- Blue Curacao
If you’re looking for something that’s tasty but not cloyingly sweet, then this is just the thing!
What You Need to Make Patriotic Hurricanes
I’ve included affiliate links for your convenience in re-creating this recipe; disclosure policy available here.
- Ice & Hurricane Glasses
- Vodka — We used Smirnoff “Red White & Berry” vodka, but you could use any type of berry flavored vodka. You could even use plain vodka.
- Blue lemonade — We used Calypso Ocean Blue Lemonade because it is a vibrant blue and will make our electric lemonade super pretty, without added food coloring. It’s also berry lemonade, which pairs perfectly with our berry vodka.
- Pineapple malt beverage — We used Seagram’s Escapes Calypso Colada (which is pineapple and coconut flavored). Feel free to sub with something similarly flavored if needed.
- Lemons & Cherries — for garnish
- Red, white & blue star sprinkles — These type of sprinkles shown in our photos can be found on Amazon, but you could also use red white and blue jimmies or other types of sprinkles too.
- Corn syrup or honey — for sticking the sprinkles to the rim of your glass
- Red white and blue paper straws
- 4th of July Pinwheels — Or other similar decorations can be added to the glass. Party stores may have some fun options to check out, or you can craft your own!
How Many Does this Drink Serve?
The recipe as written below makes one drink. However, keep in mind there is a whole malt beverage added to the top, so it’s really like two drinks in one. So it’s perfect for sharing with your sweetie!
As always, enjoy responsibly! (Grown-ups only!) And don’t drink and drive!
How to Make Our Red White and Blue Electric Lemonade Cocktails
Arrange two plates or shallow bowls on the counter. Pour corn syrup or honey in one plate. Pour your sprinkles in the other plate.
Place the rim of your glass in the corn syrup, so that the entire rim is coated. Then, gently roll the rim of the glass in the sprinkles, so that they stick to the rim of the glass. Allow to dry.
Fill a hurricane glass to the top with ice cubes & lemon slices.
Add a shot of vodka, then top with blue lemonade. We used Calypso Blue Ocean Lemonade, but you can use any type you have on hand.
Now the fun part! Pop the top off your Seagrams Calypso Colada and quickly flip it so that the top rests inside your hurricane glass.
Top with cherries, colorful straws, and any other colorful red white and blue decorations.
Can this Drink be Made Non-Alcoholic?
Because of the specific ingredients used in this recipe, it might be tricky to make it virgin. However, we have a fabulous Percy Jackson blue lemonade recipe that is similar and kids will love! Click here for the recipe!
Patriotic Hurricanes Recipe (Printable copy)
Tell us what you think! If you liked this recipe, please rate it!
Red White and Blue Electric Lemonade
- 8 oz Calypso Blue Ocean Lemonade
- 3 oz Smirnoff Red White & Berry Vodka
- 16 oz Seagrams Calypso Colada
- 1 tbsp Corn Syrup or Honey
- 2 Cherries
- Patriotic Sprinkles as desired
- Lemon Slices
- Ice Cubes
- Patriotic Decor as desired
- Coat the rim of the hurricane glass with corn syrup. Gently roll the top of the glass in a dish filled with star sprinkles, so the sprinkles stick to the rim of the glass. Allow to dry.
- Fill hurricane glass with ice and a couple lemon slices. Add a shot of vodka, then top with blue lemonade.
- Remove the cap from the Seagrams bottle and quickly flip and submerge the top of the bottle in the hurricane glass. Make sure that it is steady and far enough in the glass so that it doesn't fall over. Add cherries and other decorations.
Pin our Patriotic Hurricanes recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: