Pizza or pasta — can’t decide what to make for dinner tonight? How about the best of both worlds! This delicious pizza pasta bake is full of rich cheesy pizza flavor and ready in about 30 minutes! The whole family will love it!
Baked Pizza Pasta
This pizza pasta bake is so easy to make and has all of the delicious flavors that you’d get from your favorite pizza recipe.
This pasta bake combines the cheesy deliciousness of a casserole and adds all the spicy tasty bits of pepperoni to make it taste just like a pizza.
This pasta bake is perfect for busy weeknights or as a freezer meal that you can whip up when you’re short on time. It only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish!
Baked Pizza Pasta Ingredients
- Ziti — cooked and drained
- Spaghetti Sauce — One large jar (24oz)
- Fire-roasted Tomatoes — You can use regular canned tomatoes, but we love fire-roasted because they have so much flavor!
- Ricotta Cheese
- Pepperoni — chopped, plus a few slices for the topping
- Mozzarella cheese — shredded
- Fresh Basil or Parsley — Chopped, optional garnish
How to Make Pizza Pasta Bake
Preheat your oven to 425°F and coat an oblong casserole dish with non-stick baking spray.
Meanwhile, on the stovetop, cook the ziti according to package directions. Drain pasta and add to your casserole dish.
Set aside 8-10 slices of pepperoni and chop the rest.
To the casserole dish, add the pasta sauce, fire-roasted tomato, ricotta cheese, chopped pepperoni, and 3 cups of mozzarella cheese. Stir so the pasta is well coated in sauce and cheese.
Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and the slices of pepperoni you’d set aside earlier.
Cover with baking lid or foil and bake for 15-20 minutes, so the cheese on top is melted and golden.
If desired, garnish with chopped fresh parsley or basil. Best enjoyed warm.
Can You Use a Different Type of Noodle?
Ziti is our top choice for baked pasta dishes such as this one because it holds its shape well and is easy to scoop.
Rigatoni and bowtie pasta could also work as substitutes, for the same reason that ziti works.
Can You Use Gluten Free Pasta?
Sure! If you have a favorite type of gluten free ziti or other similar gluten free pasta, you could substitute in this recipe.
In fact, we make a similar recipe that is a HUGE hit with the whole family! Click here to check out our classic gluten free baked ziti recipe.
How to Store/Reheat
One of the great things about baked ziti or pasta casserole is that it keeps well in the fridge. Leftovers should last 2-4 days in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy them again.
To reheat, I recommend placing the casserole dish in the oven for 10 minutes at 350°F to start. You can heat longer, as needed, until warmed through and the cheese starts to melt again.
If you’re in a hurry, you can microwave too. Be sure to transfer to a microwave-safe dish first.
Check out our favorite pizza recipes:
- Healthy Barbecue Chicken Sweet Potato Pizza
- Easy Mexican Pizza Recipe
- American Flag Fruit Pizza (Gluten Free)
- Meatza – Paleo Pizza
Pizza Pasta Bake Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you tried this recipe and loved it, please rate it!
Pizza Pasta Bake (Easy 30 Minute Meal)
- 1 lb Ziti cooked/drained
- 24 oz Spaghetti Sauce
- 14 oz Fire-roasted Tomatoes 1 small can
- 15 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 6 oz Pepperoni chopped, plus a few slices for topping
- 4 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Basil or parsley optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F and coat a large casserole dish with baking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and add to casserole dish.
- To casserole dish, add pasta sauce, canned tomatoes, ricotta cheese, chopped pepperoni, and 3 cups mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and extra slices of pepperoni.
- Cover with baking lid or foil and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil or parsley.
Pin this Pizza Pasta Bake Recipe on Pinterest
You might also like: