These boozy Halloween floats are the perfect treat for a Halloween party or a spooky night in! They’re easy to make with just 3 simple ingredients.
Boozy Halloween Ice Cream Floats
Spooky Season is just around the corner and if you’re planning a Halloween party for grown-ups I have a fabulous new recipe to share with you!
These Halloween floats are easy to make, super tasty, and are a bright orange color that’s just perfect for the occasion. You only need three ingredients and this Halloween ice cream float recipe can be modified to make a kid-friendly float too! (More about that in the Prep Tips section later in the post).
Just like a root beer float, we combined soda and ice cream (or sherbet) to make a frothy drink…plus a little vodka to really get the Halloween fun started! I actually like this Halloween treat much better than a root beer float because this recipe tastes like an orange creamsicle!
Keep reading to learn how to make this easy treat that’s sure to be the hit of your next Halloween party!
This is a quick list of shop-able ad links (whenever possible) to help you find the products used to make this recipe. (Disclosure policy here)
- 1-2 ounces of Orange Vodka
- 2 Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream or Orange Sherbet
- Orange Soda
- Clear cocktail glasses or clear plastic cups
- Ice cream scoop
Garnish and Decoration Ideas
- Pour orange vodka into an empty cocktail glass.
- Add two scoops of ice cream or sherbet to the glass.
- Top with orange soda, pouring slowly so the glass does not overflow.
- Garnish with Halloween candy or spooky decorations.
Recipe intended for readers 21+; please enjoy responsibly!
- Ice Cream – You can make these Halloween floats with either ice cream or sherbet. I would recommend vanilla ice cream or orange sherbet so the floats keep their bright orange color, but you can try different flavors if you like.
- Soda – We used orange Faygo, but you can use any brand of orange soda for this recipe, such as Fanta or Sunkist. If you wanted to switch up the color, you could make a spooky green float with lemon-lime soda and lime sherbet or a blood red float with red soda and raspberry sherbet. So many possibilities!
- Kid-Friendly Version – To make this a non-alcoholic drink that kids can enjoy too, simply omit the vodka.
- Garnish – We glued plastic eyeballs onto Halloween straws for a creepy cool way to drink these spooky drinks! You could also top your drink with Halloween sprinkles or another fun candy garnish, such as gummy worms draped over the sides of the glasses.
- Jack-o-Lantern Float – For a spooky twist, use a permanent marker to draw jack o’lantern faces on your plastic cups. The orange soda combined with the black marker will look just like a Halloween pumpkin!
More Halloween Recipes To Try:
- Hocus Pocus Halloween Cookies
- Jack Skellington Pull-Apart Cupcakes
- Spooky Slime Cookies
- Peanut Butter Candy Corn Treats
- Creamsicle Flavored Mini Halloween Cupcakes
- Spiderweb Cookies
- Frankenstein Halloween Cake Pops
- Halloween Graveyard Cake
- Pumpkin Pretzels
- Hot Dog Mummies
- Halloween Blondies
- Slime Monster Cupcakes
- Blood Spatter Cookies
Boozy Halloween Ice Cream Float Recipe (Printable Recipe Card)
If you tried this recipe and loved it, please rate it!
Boozy Halloween Ice Cream Floats
- Ice Cream Scoop
- Clear Glasses or Plastic Cups
- 1-2 ounces Orange Vodka
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream or orange sherbet
- Orange Soda as needed
- Pour vodka into the bottom of an empty glass.
- Add 2 scoops of ice cream or orange sherbet.
- Fill the rest of the glass with orange soda.
Pin our Halloween Float Recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: