These spooky and delicious Halloween Pudding Cups are easy to make and perfect for after school snacks or as Halloween party treats!
Halloween Pudding Treats
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays because there are so many ways to get creative with desserts, decorations, costumes, you name it!
If you’re planning a Halloween party or if you’ve been tagged to prepare fun Halloween snacks for the classroom, these Halloween pudding treats are just the ticket!
Growing up, dirt pudding was my favorite thing to get from our community bake sales. I mean, pudding and OREOS…it’s pretty much the perfect combination, am I right?!
These easy Halloween pudding cup ideas take just a few minutes to make and are super cute! And maybe just a little spooky…
And of course, they’re delicious!
So if you love dirt pudding cups and you love Halloween, then you’ve got to try these dirt pudding cups Halloween style!!
Halloween Pudding Cups Ingredients
This is a quick list of shop-able ad links links (whenever possible) to help you find the products used to make our Halloween Pudding Cups. (Disclosure policy here)
- 2 boxes white chocolate instant pudding
- 4 cups milk
- Orange food coloring (we love gel food coloring because it makes such vibrant colors with just a few drops!)
- Green food coloring
- Clear plastic cups (hard plastic tumblers like these ones work perfectly)
- 10 OREO cookies (Halloween OREOS are super fun!)
- Sharpie black permanent marker
Halloween Pudding Cups
We’ve included instructions for two of our favorite Halloween pudding cup ideas: Frankenstein pudding cups for Halloween and pumpkin pudding cups.
With two regular boxes of pudding and the 10 OREO cookies listed in the ingredients above, you should be able to make about 4 of each type of Halloween pudding cups. Feel free to double the recipe for larger groups!
How to Make Jack-O-Lantern Pudding Cups
Pour one box of instant pudding mix into a mixing bowl. Whisk in 2 cups of milk and allow the mixture to set for a couple minutes before adding orange food coloring.
TIP: Start with a couple drops of food coloring and add more until you’ve achieved your desired shade of pumpkin orange.
Scoop your orange Halloween pudding into clear plastic cups, leaving about an inch of space at the top. Place in fridge to chill.
Meanwhile, chop about 5 OREO cookies in food processor until crumbly. Remove pudding cups from fridge and add a layer of OREO crumbs to the top of each Halloween pudding cup.
TIP: If you’re making Frankenstein pudding cups too, go ahead and chop up all of your OREO cookies at once. Use half for the pumpkin pudding cups and half for the Frankenstein pudding cups.
Use a Sharpie permanent marker to draw a jack-o-lantern face on the front of each of the cups.
How to Make Frankenstein Pudding Cups for Halloween
Prepare your second box of pudding mix just as you did for the pumpkin pudding cups, except using green food coloring instead of orange.
Chop 5 more OREO cookies (if you haven’t done so already) and add crumbs to the top of your Frankenstein pudding cups.
Use the Sharpie to draw Frankenstein’s face on the front of each of the green pudding cups.
TIP: Be sure to keep your Halloween pudding cups refrigerated until time to serve! If you’re making these in advance, we recommend waiting until as close to serving as possible before topping with the cookie crumbs, to prevent them from becoming soggy.
More Halloween Party Treat Ideas
- Jack Skellington Pull-Apart Cupcakes
- Spooky Slime Cookies
- Peanut Butter Candy Corn Treats
- Creamsicle Flavored Mini Halloween Cupcakes
- Spiderweb Cookies
- “Hocus Pocus” Halloween Cookies (filled with green witches brew frosting)
- Halloween Blondies Cookie Candy Bars
Grab a free printable copy of our Halloween Pudding Cups Recipe:
If you like this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Easy Halloween Pudding Cups
- 2 Boxes White Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 4 Cups Milk
- 10 Oreo Cookies
- Orange Food Coloring
- Green Food Coloring
- Clear Plastic Cups
- Sharpie Marker
- Add one box of instant pudding mix into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in 2 cups of milk, then let the mixture set for a few minutes.
- Whisk in orange food coloring.
- Pour orange pudding into clear plastic tumblers, leaving 1 inch of space at the top.
- Place 10 Oreo cookies into a food processor, and chop until you have rough crumbs.
- Sprinkle the cookie crumbs on top of each filled pudding cup (keep half of the cookie crumbs for your Frankenstein pudding cups).
- Use a black Sharpie marker to draw a jack-o-lantern face on the front of each of the plastic cups.
- Repeat steps 1-7 with the green food coloring and second box of pudding mix.
- Use the Sharpie to draw Frankenstein's face on the front of each of the green pudding filled cups.
Pin our Halloween Pudding Cups on Pinterest:
More of our favorite spooky Halloween treats:
Easy Halloween Spiderweb Cupcakes
- Peach Wine Slushies - June 7, 2023
- 4th of July Fudge - June 6, 2023
- Watermelon Margaritas 2 Ways – “On the Rocks” or Frozen - June 5, 2023