It’s showtime!! These creepy Beetlejuice Jello Shots are black and white striped just like the famous ghost, yet taste fruity and delicious!
Black & White Beetlejuice Jello Shots
Made these black and white striped Halloween jello shots and they just reminded me of that iconic outfit that Beetlejuice wears, so that’s what I named them! Beetlejuice Jello Shots!
Can you guess what flavor they are??
I bet you would never guess that these are actually a blend of orange and vanilla cream flavor, just like a Creamsicle! They look creepy but taste fruity and delicious!
They are so cool and are sure to summon Beetlejuice himself with how much flavor is in this one tasty jello shot. These are perfect for serving at a Halloween party or for a fun Beetlejuice movie night.
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe, I’ve provided shop-able ad links to some of the products used; disclosure policy available here.
- 1 box Orange Jell-O (3oz box)
- 2 packets Unflavored Gelatin (0.25oz envelopes Knox gelatin)
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- 3/4 cup Cold Water, divided
- 1 cup Vodka
- 1/4 cup Simple Syrup (equal parts sugar and water)
- 2 Tablespoons Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Gel Food Coloring
- Green Sprinkles
Kitchen Tools Used
- 2oz Plastic Condiment Cups
- Wire whisk
- Muffin tin
- Small Saucepan
- 1 large mixing bowl and 3 small bowls
Recipe intended for readers 21+; please enjoy responsibly!
To Prep: Line up 10-12 plastic cups on a baking sheet, tray, or even in a muffin tin. This will make it easy to move the jello shots in and out of the fridge for chilling.
- To make the black jello, whisk together the orange gelatin and one cup of boiling water, until the gelatin has completely dissolved. Stir in 1/2 cup vodka and black food coloring.
- Pour the black jello mixture into your plastic cups, so they are about 1/4 full. Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to set. Keep the rest of the black jello mixture to make the 3rd layer.
- To make the white layer, whisk the unflavored gelatin into 1 cup of boiling water in a medium bowl, until fully dissolved. Stir in the simple syrup, sweetened condensed milk, and 1/4 cup of cold water, and 1/2 cup vodka. Pour the white mixture on top of the black layer until your cups are about halfway full. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Keep the rest of the white jello mixture to make your 4th layer.
- Pour remaining black jello mixture into the cups so they are 3/4 of the way full. Chill for 30 minutes, then pour remaining white jello mixture on top. Chill for 15-20 minutes, then gently place green sprinkles on top and return to the fridge to finish setting.
- We used plain vodka for the original recipe, but vanilla vodka or whipped vodka would taste fabulous in this recipe too!
- Feel free to use different colors or styles of Halloween sprinkles to make these your own or match your Halloween party decor.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Jello Shots Does This Recipe Yield?
Depending on the size of your cups and how much you fill them up, you should get anywhere between 10-15 jello shots. We used 2 ounce plastic cups and ended up with 10 jello shots — we filled ours up almost to the top.
If you have lids and are making your jello shots in advance, you may want to leave a little bit of headspace at the top so they don’t stick to the lids. In that case, you might get a couple extra servings.
How Long Can You Keep Jello Shots In The Refrigerator?
Jello shots can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. They can stay in the fridge for up to a week.
If you’re planning to make more than a day in advance, I’d recommend waiting to add sprinkles. Over time, sprinkles will lose their color as they are in contact with the jello (since it is kind of wet). Add them the day you plan to serve your jello shots.
More Fun Jello Shot Recipes To Try:
- Creamsicle Jello Shots
- Banana Pudding Jello Shots
- Crown Peach Jello Shots
- Starburst Jello Shots
- Candy Cane Jello Shots
- Grinch Christmas Jello Shots
- Watermelon Margarita Jello Shots
- Sour Cherry Jello Shots
- Scooby Snack Jello Shots
- Root Beer Jello Shots
Beetlejuice Jello Shots Recipe (Printable Recipe Card)
If you tried this recipe and loved it too, please rate it!
Beetlejuice Jello Shots
- Baking sheet
- Wire whisk
- Mixing bowl
- 12 2oz plastic condiment cups
- 3.5 oz Orange Jell-O one typical small box
- 2 envelopes Unflavored Gelatin 0.25 ounce packets
- 2 Cups Boiling Water
- 3/4 Cup Cold Water divided
- 1 Cup Vodka
- 1/4 Cup Simple Syrup
- 2 TB Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Gel Food Coloring
- Green Sprinkles
- Line up plastic cups on a baking sheet or in a muffin tin.
- Whisk the orange gelatin into 1 cup boiling water, until dissolved. Stir in 1/2 cup vodka and the black food coloring.
- Pour half of the black jello mixture into the bottom of your plastic cups, so that the cups are about 1/4 of the way full. Reserve the rest of the liquid. Place the cups in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Whisk the unflavored gelatin into 1 cup of boiling water. Add the simple syrup, 3 TB sweetened condensed milk, ¼ cup of cold water, and 1/2 cup vodka.
- Pour half of the white mixture on top of the black layer until your cups are about halfway full. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Pour remaining black liquid on top of the cups, so they are 3/4 full and chill for 30 minutes.
- Top with the rest of the white jello mixture, chill for 15 minutes, gently add sprinkles on top, return to fridge until fully set.
Pin our Black and White Halloween Jello Shots on Pinterest:
You might also like: