This easy tater tot casserole is only 4 ingredients and is ready in 30 minutes or less — all you have to do is assemble and bake! With layers of crunchy tater tots, sweet and smoky barbecue pork, and melty cheese, this is hands-down the best tater tot casserole recipe and a delicious dinner the whole family will love! Sponsored by Curly’s BBQ.
Best Tater Tot Casserole
There are a lot of tater tot casserole recipes that claim to be the best or the easiest. Now, I may be a bit biased, but I think this barbecue tater tot casserole has them all beat!
What makes our BBQ pork tater tot casserole so special?
- Only 4 ingredients. Yep, that’s it!
- No pre-cooking needed — simply assemble and bake!
- Packed with sweet and smoky barbecue flavor!
Many of the tater tot casserole recipes I’ve seen use ground beef or another type of protein that needs to be cooked before you even think about baking your casserole. And that of course takes extra time and extra pots and pans to wash afterwards!
That’s why we used Curly’s BBQ Smoked Pulled Pork for our tater tot casserole — it’s already perfectly seasoned and pre-cooked. All you have to do is assemble the ingredients and bake! Curly’s BBQ is smoked for hours by their smokehouse experts, so it’s ready in minutes for your recipes!
With this easy tater tot casserole, you can have dinner on the table in 30 minutes and clean-up is a breeze! It doesn’t get any easier than that!
This tater tot casserole recipe is a great game day recipe because it feeds a crowd!
Related: Try our Tater Tot Pizza too!
BBQ Tater Tot Casserole Ingredients
- 2 packages frozen tater tots (2-3 lbs total)
- 1-2 packages Curly’s BBQ Smoked Pulled Pork
- 14 ounces yellow melting cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup crispy fried onions
How to Make Our Easy Tater Tot Casserole
First, watch this quick video demo (1 minute) to see how to make our easy tater tot casserole. Then keep reading for photo step-by-step directions and printable recipe.
Click video to play:
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Layer tater tots in an 8″ or 9″ rectangle baking dish until the bottom is covered.
The next layer is barbecue pork. We love Curly’s BBQ Smoked Pulled Pork because it’s already seasoned and pre-cooked! AND…Curly’s just launched new trays that are even meatier!
One tray is more than plenty for this tater tot casserole recipe, but if you’re feeding a big crowd you could use two trays of barbecue.
Curly’s new smoked pulled pork trays are available in both regular and Bold & Spicy and can be found exclusively at Walmart. Click here to locate a store near you.
Sprinkle with crispy onions, then layer cheese on top of your barbecue, spacing out the cheese cubes as evenly as possible. That way there is gooey, melty cheese in every bite!
Top off your casserole with a final layer of tater tots. I don’t put cheese or anything else on top of the tater tots so they will crisp up beautifully.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, until top layer of tater tots is golden brown. Best enjoyed warm.
More of our favorite Curly’s BBQ Recipes
- Easy Pork Mole Tacos
- BBQ Stuffed Avocado Recipe
- Spicy BBQ Spring Rolls
- Mini Monte Cristo Sandwich
- Crispy Pork Wontons
Love BBQ as much as we do? Click for more recipe inspiration at curlys.com!
Easy Tater Tot Casserole Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you love this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
#1 Best Tater Tot Casserole
- 2 lbs frozen tater tots
- 1-2 trays Curly's BBQ Smoked Pulled Pork
- 14 ounces yellow melting cheese cubed
- 1/2 cup crispy fried onions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Layer tater tots to cover the bottom of an 8" or 9" rectangle baking dish.
- Add a layer of Curly's BBQ pulled pork - about 1/2" thick.
- Sprinkle with crispy onions, then layer cheese on top of your barbecue, spacing out the cheese cubes as evenly as possible.
- Add a final layer of tater tots to cover the casserole.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until top layer of tater tots is golden brown.
Pin this Easy Tatertot Casserole on Pinterest:
You Might Also Like:
West Virginia BBQ Pork Sandwich
Pork Taquitos with Avocado Crema
- Cowboy Caviar - March 24, 2023
- Bunny Bait - March 22, 2023
- 20 Thrifty Kitchen Hacks - March 21, 2023
This is my favorite way to use leftover bbq pork. So good!
Stacey aka the Soccer Mom says
Awesome! We love it too!