This heavenly Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake is perfect for the peanut butter lover in your life! Creamy peanut butter cheesecake topped with rich chocolate ganache – it’s pure decadence in every bite!
The BEST Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
You guys…I am a sucker for all things chocolate and peanut butter. It’s basically the best combination since…well…EVER!!
So what could be better than swirling together the smooth, creamy deliciousness of a cheesecake with the nutty taste of peanut butter? And then of course adding a rich chocolate ganache to make the magic flavor combo that I absolutely can’t resist!
This delicious peanut butter cheesecake has an oreo cookie crust that will be an instant hit with your family. This cheesecake is a really simple recipe to follow, and will be a crowd-pleaser for all to enjoy!
I know that you’re here for the recipe, and I totally get it! I won’t bore your with any more talk about why I love peanut butter cheesecake because that’s a no-brainer!!
Let’s get baking!
PS- Be sure to check out our “secret ingredient” Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies too!
This is a quick shopping list for your convenience – I’ve added clickable ingredient and supply links where possible. Read our disclosure policy here.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ingredients
- 1 package of oreos, creme removed from cookies
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
- 24 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
For the chocolate ganache & toppings:
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
Kitchen Supplies Used:
How to Make Our Ultimate Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
First, watch our quick video (1 min 30 sec) to see how we made our chocolate peanut butter cheesecake, then keep reading for full step-by-step directions.
Click video to play:
This is a traditional cheesecake, which takes a couple hours to bake and then a few more hours to chill. We recommend starting in the morning if you’d like to enjoy later that evening, or make the cheesecake a day ahead and add the ganache the next day before you serve.
To Make the Oreo Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9 inch round springform pan with parchment paper.
- Separate Oreo cookies from the creme and chop in a food processor (cookies only) with sugar until you have fine crumbs.
- Pour crumbs into a medium bowl and mix in the melted butter, then press crust into your prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes at 350°F.
To Make the Filling:
- Use a stand mixer or electric hand mixer to beat the cream cheese, brown sugar, and sour cream until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then vanilla, then peanut butter – until everything is well combined and creamy.
- Pour peanut butter cheesecake batter into your cooled crust.
- Place a large pan of water onto the bottom of the rack in the oven, then place the cheesecake onto the second rack in the oven directly over the middle part of the water pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, then lower oven temp to 200 degrees and continue to bake the cheesecake for 2 more hours.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before placing in the fridge to chill at least 4 hours. If making the cheesecake a day ahed, you can chill it overnight.
To Make the Chocolate Ganache:
- Remove chilled cheesecake from the springform pan onto serving plate.
- Add chocolate chips into a heat-safe bowl and set aside.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the a medium saucepan and bring to a slight boil. Remove from heat and pour the cream over chocolate chips.
- Allow to sit for 1 minute before whisking until smooth.
- Pour chocolate ganache over the top of the cheesecake and even out using a spatula.
- Sprinkle crushed peanuts around the edge of the cheesecake.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
Grab a free printable copy of our Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe:
If you like this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
This Peanut Butter Cheesecake is perfect for the peanut butter lover in your life!
- 1 Box Oreos remove the creme from the cookies
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter melted
- 24 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs large
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Peanuts
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9-inch round springform pan with parchment paper.
Using a food processor, grind up the cookies (creme removed) and sugar until you have fine crumbs.
Add crumbs to a medium bowl and mix in the melted butter, then press crust into your prepared pan.
Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F.
Remove and allow to cool while you make the filling
Use a stand or electric hand mixer to beat the cream cheese, brown sugar, and sour cream until well combined and smooth.
Add the eggs one at a time, then vanilla, then peanut butter. Beat until batter is smooth and creamy, then pour into pan over your cooled crust.
Place a large pan of water onto the bottom of the rack in the oven.
Place the cheesecake onto the second rack in the oven directly over the middle part of the water pan.
Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 200°F and bake for 2 more hours.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before placing in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
Remove chilled cheesecake from the springform pan and place on serving platter.
Pour chocolate chips into a heat-safe bowl.
Bring heavy cream to a boil in a medium saucepan, then pour over chocolate chips.
Allow to sit for 1 minute, then whisk until chocolate is melted and smooth.
Pour chocolate ganache over the top of the cheesecake and smooth the top.
Sprinkle the crushed peanuts around the edge of the cheesecake.
Cut into slices and enjoy!
Note: Nutrition information is a rough estimate only; actual values will vary based on the exact ingredients used and amount of recipe prepared.
Pin this Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe on Pinterest:
More of our favorite cheesecake recipes:
Last updated on August 26th, 2019 at 11:14 pm